Throwdowns are online cooking competitions hosted by thehotpepper.com that occur the first Friday of every month and run until Sunday (unless otherwise stated). Winners are chosen by member votes in a 2-day poll*.
Follow these 5 simple rules to enter, and have fun. These rules pertain to all Throwdowns, unless stated otherwise in the actual TD.
1. To enter the TD, please reply to the TD topic with:
a) A name for your creation.
b) A list of all ingredients used.
c) Detailed preparation steps, cooking methods, times, and temps. Measurements and weights are not required, but are encouraged.
2. Your entry must include a hot pepper ingredient.
3. The number of pics allowed in your final post is stated in the TD but is usually 10. It is recommended you take one plating pic (untouched entry), and one that shows the insides (a steak cut open, a burger cut in half, etc.), and any process pics that help; baking, smoking, etc. Any additional pictures in the official entry post will be removed. You may post them in non-official posts, as in, presentation and teaser posts.
4. In order to prove that you made this meal for this TD we ask that you post a Proof of Life. PoL = a monetary amount stated at the beginning of the competition that must be shown in one of your pictures with coins or bills, in your country's tender. May or may not be converted. It must be a picture that shows the ingredients used, so, it may be your teaser, or one of your final pics, but change by itself or with just one ingredient does not count.
5. You must post one entry (max) before the stated deadline and send the post like to The Hot Pepper. The link can be found by clicking the post number.
Please follow all of the rules or you may be disqualified. If you do not post the PoL, do not make the deadline, or do not send the link to the post, you are automatically disqualified.
*Polls end on Sundays at 8 PM ET.