• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Glogs

Grow Logs for hot peppers.
I've opted to keep details of my crossing projects in this dedicated thread rather than include it in my 2021 Glog Edited this post to summarise what crosses I've got and where they are at, I will try and keep it current. Dates in status column reflect when I've updated the information not when the cross was actually made. I've not included every historic cross I've ever made and ignores anything where I haven't got at least F1 seeds unless I thought it was useful to record. Information might be useful to someone at some point. ChilliCrosser Cross Current Status X001 : Bolivian Rainbow x Cheiro Roxa (C.Annuum x C.Chinense) 🅿️16/8/21: F1 seeds, not grown on yet. X002 : Fijian Bongo x Cheiro Roxa (C.Chinense x C.Chinense) ❌16/8/21...
I've been a member for a while but never posted a grow log. My usual garden is too boring for that. I use 20-30 pots and overwinter my mama plants in a hillbilly winter shelter. Our ground here isn't good for in soil gardening and I've not been enthused enough to undertake the work and expense to build raised beds.   Now I have my peppers working the way I want and have the need for a much larger grow to supply a project. The main peppers I'll grow will be reaper, douglah and fatalii. For a couple of years I'll do hay bale gardens and heap tons of organic trash into the area. I have monumental amounts of pine straw, oak leaves and bonfire ash every year to dump in the walkways. I think this will do a world of good to make this new...
Links to my grow logs: 2021 2022 2023 This picture is of the seeds soaked yesterday. Today I sowed the seeds of C. Chinense and C. Pubescens. C. Chinense will all sit in the hanging pots in my balcony garden. In 2 weeks I will sow C. Annuum. I do not have the final list of these yet because I have many seeds from which it is very difficult for me to choose. I will edit this message as I decide. Hanging pots: - Fatalii - V2 2022/2023 - 3 plants - Orange Fatalii - The Hippy Seed Co (thanks MarcV) - 2 plants - CGN 21500 - Sulsa - 1 plant - Adjuma - thanks @Sulsa - 1 plant - Humble Servants Homestead SB - V1 2023 (original seeds from MarcV) - 2 plants - PI 215734 - Semillas - 4 plants (last year's revelation, I want more this year) -...
I've never successfully grown peppers before. My attempts to grow mutants ended in failure. But this season, I'm trying again. I'll exclusively be trying my hands at a variety you guys have probably heard of, known as the Peter Pepper. It's a pepper variety known for being shaped like a private part. I'll be growing the red ones, which are the most phallic. I received the seeds from a shop in Belgium known as Badskin's Garden. Using tricks learned from Khang Starr, I have used a plastic soda bottle and a plastic bag to contain a plant. I put three seeds in there and added water. I put the contraption in my windowsill. I hope this works. Keep in mind this growlog will be updated semi-sporadically.
Last year I grew a few accidental crosses, so putting this grow log together to capture the second year variations when they come in. One was a Habanero x Wild Colombian, which is the center right column in the picture below. These were somewhat fleshy, but very juicy, often containing so much water the skins would rip and burst if left on the plant too long. They had the flavor of a Habanero, but more heat and a much longer burn duration, but very tolerable. When they started to ripen they'd take only a couple days to fully ripen. These made a really good hot sauce, or as a modifier to heat up dishes without using a lot of pods. These unfortunately did not dehydrate well, becoming almost like a dehydrated apple, so they didn't make...
It's that time of the year, cold & gloomy outside, & inside the magic is happening. Those little green pepper plants are pushing up towards the artificial sun. Who came up first? The early Jalapeño, Serrano, & the Sugar Rush Stripy. A little game we play LOL. This is the best set up we have ever had before. 4 LED grow lights 2 heating mats, room stays at 66 F at night & 74 F during the day. With 22 varieties & 50 plants we hope to have a real special grow for the 24 season, with a lot of great tasting peppers. 😀 When I joined THP I had just moved from Fluorescents lights to the new LED lights. Outside everything is about the same, it's the indoor adventure that has changed for the better. Compact high output...
Let's play. I will not grow much more peppers this season than last one, but it's going to be fun like always :) Let's hope for a decent grow. Last year was pretty good even with just 10 main plants - mostly habaneros. They are my favorite and they will play the main part in this season grow also. Current status: (sowed two weeks ago) Most of them sprouted and soon they will need to be transplanted in solo pots. Annums: - Cherry bomb - Pimienta (PLM) - Kapija (paprika) - another red bell pepper variety Chinenses: - Aji Jobito - Purple Thunder - Scotch Bonnet Papa Dreadie - Scotch Bonnet Papa Joe's - Scotch Bonnet MoA (from 2021 - hoping for some sprouts) - Fatalii - Red Savina Habanero - Calita Red Habanero...
Sooo... 2022 season is over and most of my 2023 plants are already there - no reason not to start a new thread already! 😃 While all my current plants are technically overwinterers, only a couple have grown through the 2022 season and are considered interesting enough to keep for next seasons grow. Let's start with the famous Schneider farms SB plant, which will be going into it's third season in 2023. It currently doesn't look all that nice but that was also the case during the winter of 2021 so no worries here... Top view: Next in row is my Scotch Brains plant... Top view: And then there's the Humble Servants Homestead (HSH) SB, which was also elected to stay for next season... Top view:
Links to my Grow Logs: 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 Trippaul Threat Community Grow Purple Thunder Community Grow Wild, Indeed Community Thread Growing in the Pacific NorthWest Community Thread Dwarf Chiltepin 'Hermosillo', Semillas la Palma 2022 Time to quit dragging my feet and get this season underway. Last season was OW plants only with two exceptions. This year I am growing all new plants from seed gathered from my 2022 harvest and limited to Tepin and Chiltepin varieties. If the spirit moves me I might try for some OW chinenses varieties later on.
About the Grow: The (hydro) spice must flow This year I am starting Pepper Joe’s Leutschauer indoors and transitioning them outdoors The entire grow will be using hydroponics Once finished I will produce several lifetime's worth of Paprika, also cornering the market I'm starting 10 seeds and will do a pheno-hunt in my indoor tent for a mother plant Once the mother is established I will do about 10 clones and transfer them outdoors Stages of Growing: Seed starting Solo cups 5 gallon bucket 55 gallon drum (outdoor) I'll document these methods in following posts About Me: I'm not exactly a master grower but I have successfully created crosses and done quite a bit of pepper growing in the past I can't handle any heat...
I've been hesitating for a long time before starting a new Glog,... last year a lot of things happened and I had a hard time keeping it up to date. I hope that this year I'll manage to be more regular. In January, driven by the desire to sow some seeds, I put some in my aerogarden... My grow list for this year is: (There is no guarantee that I won't sow more) - Pepapeach Stripey (Growdown 2023) : C.Baccatum - Pepadew South Africa (from Welsh dragon Chilli) : C.Baccatum - Pepadew Peach (from Welsh dragon Chilli): C. Baccatum - Rocotto, Mini Olive (Fataliiseeds): C.Pubescens - Rocoto Marlene (Fataliseeds): C. Pubescens - Aji Gusanito (Fataliiseeds): C.Chinense - Arroz Con Polo (Refined Fire Chili): C.Chinense - Biquinho Red...
Hello and Welcome to my first pepper grow journal. I am not a gardener and I don’t have access to a garden, so I am limited to growing in my basement. I WELCOME INPUT, SO PLEASE JUMP IN IF I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I will be using a 2x2x6 grow tent to keep the plants warm and reflect more light. I have a 150 watt ViparSpectra LED for the space. I see that most of the pepper plants that I ordered are only expected to grow 2’ tall, so I’m hoping to squeeze four plants in the tent. This will put them 12” apart which is a little too tight I suspect. I will buy a larger tent (3x2 or 3x3) if it gets too tight (and if I enjoy this new hobby). I’ve been doing a lot of reading and preparation for this hobby….i hope it proves to be a...
This is my third year growing peppers since moving here; my first year was pretty good (completely accidentally), last year was a bit of a disaster due to unusual weather and my general gardening ignorance, so I can only hope for 2024 I can apply some of the lessons I have learnt on the way, and I am so happy to find such a treasure trove of knowledge and experienced growers here in this forum! There are some specific challenges to growing here: in addition to the annual monsoon/rainy season, Kyoto City sits at the bottom of a valley system surrounded on three sides by mountains, which causes cold, dry winters and hot, humid summers. Summers are particularly hot since we are a long way from the sea, so we get no nice sea breezes or...
Zapotec Jalapeno (Baker Creek 2023 Seed extra pack I saved for 2024 ) https://www.rareseeds.com/pepper-hot-jalapeno-zapotec Piranha SB ( variant of Marion's SB seeds form RFC ) Since this is a variant I will refer to it as Marion's Scotch Bonnet red . I got the Marion's Red SB because I liked the flavor & heat profile I grew seed once of papa dreadie of Erin seed stock shared by Gary Montcalm back then . My was red it looked just like a papa dreadie only red & form what remember it flavor & heat was like this one. The other varieties was gifted as freebies form Jim. So I am growing them out I will need to bring my containers over for some of these etc https://www.superhotchiles.com/product/piranha-pepper-seeds/?v=7516fd43adaa...
Back