• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Growdown Throwdown 2014 Tallest plant

Back by popular demand we have decided to have another " Who can grow the tallest pepper plant contest " . The great thing about this competition is there are really no rules other than you  must live  in the Continental US and you will be required to post pics of your plant( or plants )  from seedlings to adults on a monthly basis.The plant of choice is the   Aji Chuncho. This is from the Capsicum Frutescens  family. It will grow to up to  6 feet quite easily with fairly little human intervention. 

All contestants must post on this thread if they would like to get involved. If you already have seeds for this you can start your own on Feb 14. This contest will go from Feb 14th to Oct 31st. Myself , wayright, or Prodigal_son will then contact you and get some seeds out to ya. Please do not pm us . 

There will be prizes given out for the winner by all three of us. Now lets get this baby rolling 

9-7-11AjiChuncho.jpg

Hi Jamie,

Kevin mentioned this thread.  I'd love to participate but with my landlord and last year....well let's say I'd probably get an eviction notice  LOL.

Sounds like a cool contest though.  Also living in balmy Iowa who knows what happens at the end of Sept. let alone Oct.  Good luck on contest and I think some new / newer members ought to jump on this---heck even older members.

Can this be a plant of any species and can it be one that we have since last year? I have a very tall 7 pod giant that if measured from stem diagonally to the tallest branch(It went sideways for a bit, then up a wall) might hit 6'5 or 7'.

Edit; it's too old for it. I'll post a pic to show what they can do though.

Holy crap! 6' tall? I have absolutely no room for that even if I could participate. I think I'd be at a fairly distinct disadvantage given my short season and cool weather. This should be an interesting thread to watch though.

Neil

stc3248 said:
Damn....should I...mama said NO...but maybe I can sneak a seed or two into the tray...damn damn damn...
I tried to bail,and just donate seed and prizes,but that is no fun. You are the incumbent Growdown Champeen!

These guys are some sexy seedlings,and get loaded with pods. The heat is like a whip-it high...a quick flash and then you are reaching for another.
Blister said:
Holy crap! 6' tall? I have absolutely no room for that even if I could participate. I think I'd be at a fairly distinct disadvantage given my short season and cool weather. This should be an interesting thread to watch though.

Neil
Rules state CONUS,but we do love our folks from Canadia! I have seeds for you if you are a serious entrant,serious meaning that you want to have fun and update 1 time a month. Northern folks may have a tiny disadvantage,but the planting guidlines help a bit. Have fun and grow your biggest plant. Who cares where it stacks up against the rest.

*edit* Just checked your mglog.......you are using your bathtub as a growroom??? You definitely are in!

Pr0digal_son said:
I tried to bail,and just donate seed and prizes,but that is no fun. You are the incumbent Growdown Champeen!

These guys are some sexy seedlings,and get loaded with pods. The heat is like a whip-it high...a quick flash and then you are reaching for another.
Rules state CONUS,but we do love our folks from Canadia! I have seeds for you if you are a serious entrant,serious meaning that you want to have fun and update 1 time a month. Northern folks may have a tiny disadvantage,but the planting guidlines help a bit. Have fun and grow your biggest plant. Who cares where it stacks up against the rest.

*edit* Just checked your mglog.......you are using your bathtub as a growroom??? You definitely are in!

:lol: yea I use my bathtub as a grow room! Really tickles the boys when I shower...

Seriously though it's the spare bathroom and we don't shower in there. I literally have no room to grow in our little trailer so I had to make due. I started way too early and have had to cull a few plants for space as it is. I tell you it's been tough resisting the urge to plant everything and anything so far! I've limited my grow to Bhuts and MoA's if I can ever get a few to take hold rather than sprout and rot.

Neil

If seeds show up...I may put some in the dirt. Either way, I'll be watching and will donate some stuff to the prize pool...I vote Mill gets in, but he has to convince the boss to give us some kinda cool crowny thing for our profile. They got one for wings, and throwdowns and other stuff...why not for a season long challenge as fun and educational as these are??? :rolleyes:

Edit:
<----like that one.

stc3248 said:
If seeds show up...I may put some in the dirt. Either way, I'll be watching and will donate some stuff to the prize pool...I vote Mill gets in, but he has to convince the boss to give us some kinda cool crowny thing for our profile. They got one for wings, and throwdowns and other stuff...why not for a season long challenge as fun and educational as these are??? :rolleyes:
Yup! well said Shane!

And hell yea Noah joined, This is gonna be fun!  :dance:

:cool:
Kevin

Cant wait to see the tree you grow from this one Eric!

Aji Chuncho are almost Tabasco hot,,but way tinier! very nice taste on em! :P  Like John said they burn real quick!

:cool:
Kevin

Back