• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Having a holiday in Ontario, visiting Toronto area and Ottawa

Hi all,

I'm heading to Toronto to visit my wife's family, and some friends in Ottawa.

I would like some information please on where to buy sauces, and where to eat really good hot food in both cities.

I've already contacted Hot Canuck about Toronto, but have misplaced the info he gave me on where to go shopping in Toronto.

I am planning on taking some sauces with me to trade with HC and Hot Peppa, and may be able to squeeze some more into my luggage if anyone is willing to try some of the Aussie product. Send me a PM.

I'm gonna be pretty busy, but will have the weekend following Canada Day in Toronto area free, and will be heading to Ottawa sometime around the 10th of July.

It'd be good to put a face (and voice) to many of my fellow Chilli heads.

Cheers,

RS

zomgsauce, thanks mate, that one on Danforth was the one HC mentioned that I lost the deets for.

IGG, I was hoping to be able to get over in June (I hear there's a party..) but unfortunately that's when my exams are on.

I really am limited for time, as we haven't been over in CA for about 6 years, so my wife has a lot of ppl to catch up with, hence I have a lot of driving to do.

Last time, I missed out on seeing George Clinton (Parliament) perfrom by about 3 days, so I gotta start scanning for music events too.

RS

I was thinking of seeing the band F***ked Up on 7/16.

Any one heard of them? They are apparently a 'hard core' punk band according to wiki.

Also, have any Torontarians (is that what you're called?) heard of the Phoenix at 410 Sherbourne St?

Cheers,

RS

Thanks Potawie, if I can get outta ottawa I'll give it a go!

ALSO,

is there a good gig guide site for Toronto?

I just saw that I can go and see the Offspring on 7/2.. Judas Priest, or one for the kiddies, Def Leppard, Poison and Cheap Trick on 7/4.

Look, they may be, er, dated, but at least they play there for a reasonable price.

**Edit

After Da Funk loaded on the George Clinton site, i see he's playing in Buffalo NY on 7/16... Might have to break my rules and cross into the USA.. if I can borrow a car and find a way to talk my wife around..

ring sting said:

Any one heard of them? They are apparently a 'hard core' punk band according to wiki.

Also, have any Torontarians (is that what you're called?) heard of the Phoenix at 410 Sherbourne St?

Cheers,

RS

Yeah - haven't been there in years, but great place to see a band. Takes you into the downtown core, so you could hit a number of good spots ( Taste of the 4th Sense on the Danforth, Duff's Wings on Mount Pleasant ) in the same day, if you had the time.

ring sting said:

Cheers,

RS

It's Trontonians.............

Hey Chilli lover,

thanks for the heads up on the brewery, will make a good stop before lunch at Duff's.

As for the ROM, I was there 6 yrs ago and loved it. I actually wrote a letter of feedback regarding some of the exhibits and I got a response! I will be going back to see if there are any new exhibits.

I am aslo hoping to catch up with some of the Canadian THP members for sauce swapping. I have so far got some interest from Hot Canuck and Hot Pepper (will send you guys a PM soon), so if anyone else is keen to meet then drop me a PM.

I've got some free time July 3-5 in/around Toronto and Oakville (no transport, am using Go Train) and then can probably find an evening/afternoon in Ottawa sometime around 10 July -- Following Potawie's suggestion, I will be visiting the Chilly Chiles store.

My bags are gonna be pretty empty on the way over (except for hot sauces, Tim Tams, Twisties and Kraft Cheese sticks for my nephews and neices and DECENT COFFEE), and full of MEC, Old Navy and Gap stuff on the way back! Oh, maybe some maple syrup and 2nd Cup cider if I got room.

RS

If you like sports at all, check out the Hockey Hall of Fame, or see if the Blue Jays are playing, tickets arent that expensive, or the Toronto FC, its just down from Air Canada Centre and again, tickets arent that expensive......but definetly check out the ROM, infact i was past it last week when i was in Toronto and will be driving right by it again tomorrow morning.

Definitely buy some Ontario maple syrup, you'll be supporting my community:) and make sure to stop for a beaver tail pastry, even Obama and his family liked them!

I was wondering about beaver tails, I thought they were a winter thing...

Will cross the river to get some poutine as well.

Poutine is popular in Ontario too:) just look for a chip wagon. For beaver tails you probably have to go downtown or hit a mall's food court.

So, the house is clean, ready for the dog/house sitter, just gotta pack my bags.

I have a bunch of sauces to bring/swap/give away, so any Cdns wanting to try some aussie gear, there's still time to PM me.

I haven't flown internationally for about 6 yrs, and am kinda nervous about sitting on a plane for 9hrs and 13 hrs. I think t's because I'm a smoker, and havent been awake w/out a smoke for so long since my last int'l flight. Gum or patches? Gotta get something..

RS

Back