• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Fat Heads Brewery - Cleveland (North Olmsted)

Copy and pasted from my The Hot Zone Online article titled: Passow Enjoys The Company Of Fatheads

Yep, you read that title right. Fatheads Brewery (located at 24581 Lorain Rd, North Olmsted, OH, 44070) is the newest addition to Clevelands brew scene and before you go checking to see if you landed at Beer Advocate instead of The Hot Zone Online, let me explain. In addition to the outstanding beer (brewed by head brewmaster, Matt Cole) they have an amazing wing sauce that, for once, is actually hot!

Their creation is called the “Caribbean Killer” wing sauce (although it’s more along the lines of a hot sauce). According to General Manager, Ted, 10 pounds of fresh, Orange Habaneros go into each 5 gallon batch along with carrots and vinegar and boy, does it show.

Served warm, the flavor is spot on Caribbean style. Fruity Habanero flavor right up front with a decent carrot presence and it’s extremely fresh tasting (well, it is made on the premises after all). Then the heat starts to kick in. It first appears in the background and slowly creeps up until it flows into an amazing, ear ringing endorphin rush. That’s right folks, a commercial establishment’s hot wing sauce was actually hot enough to give me an endorphin rush!

The atmosphere has a nice German Beer Hall feel to it and all their food is fantastic, from their New York style pizzas all the way down to the Hickory Smoked wings. The bartenders are friendly (be sure to say hi to Nick when you are there) and very knowledge full of the beers on tap.

Speaking of beers, they have a great selection. 22 rotating guest taps (from companies such as Stone, Dogfish Head, Great Lakes, and Thirsty Dog), 2 guest casks, and about 8 or so in house brews and some proper glass ware as well. The in house brews are fantastic with good head retention and nice lacing, full bodied and tasty as hell.

So, if you are in the North Olmsted area of Ohio, be sure to stop in, burn your tongue, and quench it with some fantastic beers. Prost!

LOL I lived in cleveland 94-99 and 05-06. Great breweries (and way too many, I hear wallabies is no longer, neither is the thirsty dog. Is the rocky river one still there?)

Back