• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

A couple meals

heres a couple meals I've made recently, 1st 2 are the best I can do for a motel, the 2nd 2 are some good home cooking I did over the past couple days.

lets start out with this :cool:

DSCF2605.jpg

then a nuked spam sandwich w/ gouda cheese, lettuce, hot sauce.

DSCF2609.jpg

then some nuked poppers. habs, bacon, shrimp, gouda cheese, limes, guinness

DSCF2623.jpg

I some how forgot to take pics of nuked spam an beans, ya would of loved it LOL

well these next pics are what I made when I came home for the short time.

lobster,venison steaks, sweet corn, yellow & orange bells, habs (habs got burnt alittle), red spuds.----used a butter/garlic/fresh basil mixture for the lobster & for dipping & for spuds.

DSCF2630.jpg

to start things off I was having some sake

DSCF2642.jpg

then today I made this tasty stir-fry. chicken an shrimp w/ orange, red,yellow bells - white onions, shredded carrots, broc, orange an ginger sauce, several spices. it was damn tasty!!!

DSCF2648.jpg

then with the left over chicken pieces I made some so called hot wings. used half of a bottle of mrs dash of smoked hab & then half of bottle of blairs after death sauce, so those chickens pieces have some spice!!!!!

DSCF2658.jpg

That picture of your spam made me feel physically ill. I was force fed that shite as a kid so now have a deep hatred of processed hams. Is there actually any ham in it???

Anyway, every thing else looks fantastic, and the Guinness cheered me right back up.

Fried spams not too bad actually. Provided it has some good cheese and hot sauce on it. Nice pics there CH. Looks like you're making the most of hotel living. Mmmmmm...Lobster!

all of ya thanks for the complements.

SeeYouJimmy said:
Is there actually any ham in it???

well theres parts of the pig in spam, other than that I dont know & dont want to think about what parts go into the spam :lol:
but its good eating!

JayT said:
Fried spams not too bad actually. Provided it has some good cheese and hot sauce on it.

like this - the darker they are the better, nice an crispy LOL

DSCF2441.jpg

for me fried spam is almost better than bacon & I have no problem eating it as is.

& yes I'm making the best of what motel living can be, this time going back (tommorrow) I'll have internet & some good meals to bring with (meals the way I like'em) the left over meals from the woks are frozen into separate meals.

heres another meal I made tonight

fried up some mung bean vermicelli - for a bed vs rice

DSCF2659.jpg

venison, broc, onion, red bell, bok choy, carrots, orange thais, black bean n' chili sauce, spices.

DSCF2667.jpg

I forgot to mention the other stir fry also had orange thais in it.

CH...you rocked the house with those pics man! The hab/shrimp poppers look deliciocso! Stir fry...AWESOME! The big grill shot...MONEY! And there ain't a damn 'thang wrong with SPAM!

Cheers, TB.

chilehunter said:
TB - thanks, I thought you dislike spam ?

If I said I didn't like it...I dunno..maybe I was drunk. I don't like what's in it but then...I sure have eaten alot of it for not liking it! Shhh! (mrs. blues likes it too!)

Cheers, TB.

You know CH I have made a million (well maybe that is an exaggeration) venison stirfrys over the years and I have to say that yours may be the prettiest I have ever seen! Great colors and variety.

That stirfry is WIN!

Love the cast iron for the spam too...reminds me of brekky time as a kid.

Nom Nom Nom...

Back