• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Quad-Dammage Angus Ball Tip Steak Fajita Burrito

Well, got meself some awesome Angus Steak...technically it's a Ball Tip Sirloin Steak. Mmmmmm.

S6303236.jpg

So, here's the brekky lineup for today:
  • steak
  • onions
  • habs
  • anahiem
  • corn & four torts
  • refried beans
  • cheese
  • misc sauce & seasonings

Prepped the veggies, then cut up some of the steak on the bias into pieces. (If you cut it straight down you're often cutting along the same grain as the connective tissue, meaning a tougher steak. Cutting on the bias makes it a bit more tender)

Made a marinade of:

Chipotle aodobo, worsteshire sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, cumin, onion powder, kosher salt & blackpepper and crushed garlic.

Minced a bit of the onion and habs and chucked that in too.

S6303240.jpg

While that was getitng it's thang on, heated up a 50/50 mix of EVOO and my own chile oil...Ok, got that hot on Med Heat...now things happen kinda fast....

Did up the torts in the oil really fast until just bubbled, then set in-between some paper towels adn gave 'em a patdown.

Now, turned up the Heat to "Oh My Lordy", and chucked in the beef and veggies. Now the pan gets a workout... ;-)

After about 1-2 mins...KAA-BAMMM!

S6303243.jpg

Freaking awesome.

Ok, now the frenzy is over...almost.

Took out the flour tort from its warm hiding place, and slathered with some warmed up refried beans, added shot of chile/garlic powder and the shredded cheese.

Then, put the corn tort on top of that, laid out some of the meat and veggies and gave it a shot of ElYucateco XXXhot for good measure.

(pic was pre-ElYucateco)

Like so:
S6303247.jpg

Gave it a burrito roll-up, and IT'S GRUBBIN' TIME!!!

S6303250.jpg

S6303249.jpg

Why call it Quad-Dammage?

a. it sounds cool.
b. there's at least 4 different chiles in there...

So, Dat's all folks...

Skol!

-QS

Blasphemy! You should never, EVER cook Angus like that! slightly BBQ the meat on both sides until you reach that delicious medium stage and take it off. no spices, no nothing...

It does look good though... it just hurts seeing you abusing Angus.

QuadShotz said:
I think you're thinking of a different cut..this is made for stew/etc.
Oh, so when God made cows he designed this part to go into stews? ALL MEAT IS MEANT TO BE BBQED! even chicken and fish...
If you don't own a BBQ, that's a another story, but seasoning meat is just a fancy way to reduce the meaty flavor and replace it with something else. when I have meat, I like tasting meat.

So, explain why most all middle-eastern meat is heavily spiced? ;)

I don't see the point of cooking the meat sepratly from teh other stuff when it's all gonan be combined anyways. Perhaps if ya hava dishwasher that's fine..I don't have one so I combine.

QuadShotz said:
So, explain why most all middle-eastern meat is heavily spiced? ;)
It's not... I grew on the principal of meat should taste like meat. your seasoned meat is a fake, lol. :lol:

Looking good QA. One teeny tiny suggestion if I may. A couple of scrambled eggs would have made this a real brekky sammich.

BBQ meat to medium? Now that's blasphemy! Just show it a picture of the stove and slap it on the plate! Medium rare at the most.:P

patrick said:
Looking good QA. One teeny tiny suggestion if I may. A couple of scrambled eggs would have made this a real brekky sammich.

BBQ meat to medium? Now that's blasphemy! Just show it a picture of the stove and slap it on the plate! Medium rare at the most.:P
Angus? it's quite fatty... you want it medium.

Omri said:
Angus? it's quite fatty... you want it medium.

funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg

There's rare, there's medium rare, then there's burned.

cover.JPG

Wagyu beef carpaccio with shaved truffle salad. They're doing it right.

Skydiver said:
funny-pictures-beaver-cant-hear-you.jpg

There's rare, there's medium rare, then there's burned.

cover.JPG

Wagyu beef carpaccio with shaved truffle salad. They're doing it right.
lol, not all of us can afford Kobe beef. BTW I'm a HUGE FAN of Carpaccio... just saying fatty meat should be cooked right. lean meat should not be cooked at all. just burnt slightly so the fluids won't leak out. :P

I've been to Japan, did the BBQ thing. They do it right is for sure. We did our own cooking at the table. Had some seasoned hot broth going and you just dropped your meat and veggies into the broth for a few seconds. Meat is cut paper thin--no steak knives. Take it out of the broth and dip it in a scrambled raw egg then chomp! Heaven....I'm in heaven....Crazy mushrooms, big chunks of flavored Tofu although that isn't my cup of tea some of the others enjoyed it. I gave it a try, couldn't do it.

Pay no attention to these non angus abusers of meat Quad. The Quadamage gets my highest hot blue and righteous rating! If it's hot and tasty and sitting on a corn or flour tortilla it's all cool and the gang. mrs. blues and I rarely do bread anymore. Corn and flour tortilla's all the way baby!

Cheers, TB.

quad

NIce spicy burrito idea, everyone has theyre preferences on the way they like theyre particular type of cut cooked why not try different ways! I do prefer to always bbq myself but if you dont have a bbq manage you know. instead of everyone complaining post a spicy dish you like and the way you like to cook it.
Quaddamage like the name.

I don't care what you all say, I say it is damn impressive QuadGyver cooked this with a heated wire clothes hanger and chewing gum!

Omri, yes gamy meats (beef is not game) are heavily marinated to cut the gaminess, but that's not the only time you season. Are you telling me you BBQ ribs without any rub or sauce? Just plain? You said "BBQ" so I'm asking. If so, that is fine, we all have our preferences. I did a marinated ribeye awhile back that was fantastic. Other times, I don't marinate, but I hit it with oil and a few herbs or spices right before the fire.

Omri said:
Oh, so when God made cows he designed this part to go into stews? ALL MEAT IS MEANT TO BE BBQED! even chicken and fish...
If you don't own a BBQ, that's a another story, but seasoning meat is just a fancy way to reduce the meaty flavor and replace it with something else. when I have meat, I like tasting meat.

Not bbq. You mean GRILLED. Omri FAIL.

Cheers, TB.

Just about every steak I cook gets the trinity, onion powder, garlic powder and fresh cracked pepper. It doesn't reduce the meaty flavor--it enhances the meaty flavor.

Back