• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Are You Obsessed With Peppers/Sauces/Heat?

Are You Obsessed With Peppers/Sauces/Heat?

• Yes, more so than you

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Yes, but not as much as you

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • No, it's just a hobby

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • My name is bob.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • The platypus is the ass end of evolution.

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
"Hello, my name is Jonathan and I'm a chili-head..."

173 pepper plants, 13 different veriaties, over 20 sauces in my possesion. I sit out almost every night with my roommate Dave and we watch the peppers grow. I talk to my plants and have fallen just short of naming them. I put heat on EVERYTHING and don't go out to eat unless I bring a specific hot product with me. I am officially obsessed.....are you?

Be sure to post what you voted for! I voted for the platypus (only because I can't be more obsessed than I already am)

I don't grow any yet, but i do constantly carry sauces out with me everywhere, you know, just in case. So yeah, i'm somewhat obsessed.

Eat Mo Hot Sauce!

imaguitargod said:
"Hello, my name is Jonathan and I'm a chili-head..."

173 pepper plants, 13 different veriaties, over 20 sauces in my possesion. I sit out almost every night with my roommate Dave and we watch the peppers grow. I talk to my plants and have fallen just short of naming them. I put heat on EVERYTHING and don't go out to eat unless I bring a specific hot product with me. I am officially obsessed.....are you?

Be sure to post what you voted for! I voted for the platypus (only because I can't be more obsessed than I already am)

I voted for more obsessed, only because you didn't give the option for equally obsessed ! What Up? I have less than 30 plants, most of which are hating life right now because of flooding rains last week, but I do have approx 200 different sauces in my possesion. :shocked: . About 40 of those are open ;) . I commonly get the question from waitresses, " Is that a hot sauce in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me Cap'n" whenever I go to a eating establishment..Gotta have the sauce man! I even carry a digital camera when I go out to eat 'cause I never know when I might get the itch to do a review on a sauce and I need the evidence! BTW, I constantly talk to my sauces, and they usually talk back to me every morning! :oops:

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']I'm gettin' a grove on with my CannedHeat CD.....Waaaay before yer time.[/QUOTE]

Yes, before my time, but I love stuff that's before my time...that's when music was music!

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']:oops: Hey NO PROBLEMS Jon!! I'm gettin' a grove on with my CannedHeat CD.....Waaaay before yer time.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like 30's Piedmont blues? Just a guess.

Heh, I just printed out the health benefits of chile peppers for a co-worker. I eat enough of them that they cured my hayfever. (it used to be terrible this time of year) Hoping it will do the same for him but he doesn't quite believe me yet.:oops:

oh btw, option 2, not as obsessed but catching up.

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']BTW, I constantly talk to my sauces, and they usually talk back to me every morning! :oops: [/QUOTE]

:shocked: do they talk back to you..? ;)

Cap said:
I voted for more obsessed, only because you didn't give the option for [I']equally obsessed

Same for me as Cap'n.

It would be hard to say I'm more obsessed than you or anybody, just majorly addicted to the point its taking over my life.
I think its great to have all sorts of different chili addicts on this forum. We have professional and amateur sauce makers(and wannabees), pepper growers(beginner and advanced), sauce addicts and collectors, chili chefs and chile chefs, bbq dudes(chicks??), jerky makers, and a lot of skinny white boys. Some are probably most of the above. Who am I leaving out? Lurkers.

I am an addict, I just never realized until recently that I fit in to a classifiable group. This is nice. Next year I had planned on a salsa garden, it will more than likely turn into a chile/salsa garden. I have taken to putting some spice to almost everything I eat, and the funny thing is, tonight I am going to a banquet, and I had thought about bringing some Blairs Original Death sauce with me just in case. Then I read this and reallized that you guys are just as wierd as I am.

Oh, and I am also about as big of a geek as they come too. Soundboards for the band, projection equiptment, computers,and for work it is anything from touchscreen POS terminals, to computers, networking products, to ATM machines. I love anything that runs on electricity too.

I was going to call it just a hobby since I only had four plants. Then I remembered that I talk to my plants and have a habanero in my dining room on life support.

Yeah, I'm in the obsession category.

Back