• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BURGER - Burger Throwdown..Post it here!

Who has the winning burger?

• THP's Sausage and Peppers Chilihead Style Burger

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • ImpyChick's Brekkie Burger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AlabamaJack's Supper Burger

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • JayT's Bacon Mushroom Burger

• chilehunter's Dagwood Burger

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • QuadShots' Brekky Burger of %$#@#'n DooM

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • texas blues' Notorious Salmon Sliders

• FiveStar's Organic Sirloin Burger

• texas blues's Notorious Awesome BaconFatBurger of Ultimate Win

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Blister's Inside-Out Burger

• Captian Murphy's The Monsta Mac

• patrick's Slaughter House Burger

• Blister's Inside Out Buffalo-Beef Burgers w/Bacon Wrapped

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • THP's THE BEAST

• SumOfMyBits Hab Dough Burger

• texas blues' Drunken Deep Fried Bacon Hell Burger

• Ashen's Smoked Turkey Club Burger

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome burger lovers. Post as many burgers as you wish. THP is chompin' at the bit. I've got something for him...hehe...

Cheers ya'll, TB.

Damn, and I just made a bunch on burgers last weekend. Well, maybe I can do some more this weekend. Last Sunday's were sweet onion burgers grilled over charcoal and mesquite then topped with brie and sauteed onions and mushrooms served on potato rolls. Sorry I don't have pics.

I haz ideas....need to go to store for fixin's but it's too dang early ATM...
sleep-058.gif

Ok so which one of these burger threads should I post my pics in? It seems all the posts are in the other one.

This one!

Okay I'm on my way to the store... it's all up in the air right now... but get ready for burger heavennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.... or should I say... burger HELLLLLLL :hell:

This is teh only Burger p0wNag3 thread....

Behold..the Brekky Burger of %$#@#'n DooM...

Stuff:

S6303282.jpg

Besides teh obvious...

Meat is 1/3 each of chorizio, jimmy dean hot breakfast sausage, and ground beef. Hell if I know how much..a lot is my only measurement there.

Mixed up with a dash of the Wosrteshire, chipotle adobo, salt & pepper, minced habs and anaheims, garlic/onion powder, and let marinate for like an hour.

Then, I figured it wouldn't be HOT enuf...so added about a Tablespoon of Nova's Naga Puree....

S6303289.jpg

Now, it gets hectic...I'm dual-panning it boyz... T-Fal for the egg, and a Circulon Ribbed (4 yer meaty pleazure) for the Meat...

T-Fal pan gets an egg that's been whacked upside isself..plus season...gave it a french minute, flipped, then added added all the musrooms and onions....Rock 'N Freekin' Rollll!

cooked that awhile....then added the layers of mozz and cheddar an some chili powder. Let it cook a bit, then turned off and covered to meltify in the steam...

S6303300.jpg

Now the Patty....

Shaped into a semblance of the toasting 12-grain I gto going...

S6303299.jpg

Mmmmm, so many yummy chiles.....

Alright ya'll! Lemme' get down brown up in here. First up this eve will be....drum roll please....TB's Notorious Salmon Sliders!

I got some nice filets and buzzed them in the 'queeze, along with garlic, shallot, worcestershire, my Love 'Thang #9 Hab sauce, lime juice, lemon juice, chive(not pictured) capers, green onion, fresno, serrano and habanero. I then added sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper, one egg and a little dried oatmeal to bind it all together. Heated the cast iron with a little canola oil, browned them up nice and then on some toasted slider buns. You will notice that on half the burgers I can haz tillamook cheddar. Finally I kicked up the awesome level up by topping a liberal douche' of wasabi mayo. I'm not a big fan of mayo but mrs. blues got the stuff for me a while back and deemed it appropos that it make its debut. Hell yes compadres, the wasabi mayo was the perfect touch to the heat in the salmon.

Here da' piccy's...

0138-1.jpg

Can you smell the mojo workin'? I said smell it!!

0140.jpg

Salmon Sliders babeeeee!!

0141.jpg

Don't worry ya'll, you will get your booze piccy later this eve.

I'm bringing my MOAB (mother of all burgers) later this eve...

NOW BRING IT!!

Cheers, TB.

Nice Quad! I reckoned it would be you or Impy to bring on the Brekkie Burger! Where'da bread/bun for the final money shot??

Cheers, TB.

Ok men, now for teh MEAT:

Behold it's seared glory...

S6303308.jpg

Did that ncie thang for awhile...then took off and let it rest up on a paper towel...Ok look, there's friends...

S6303311.jpg

Mr. Toasty 12-Grain Bread has had un-natural relations with w/ some Wickles Chile Relish plus the added Pardner of some Plochman's SERIOUS mustard...

Then, the egg/mushroom/onions/cheeseeee got Jealous..and jumped on the other slice after some mayo for lube....

It all became too much, and a HellBurger was born....

Fear it. It's over 2" tall, and it wants yer soul...

S6303312.jpg

S6303313.jpg

It's Brekky...with a side of Meaty Hell....

Screw the lettuce and tomato..it'd only wilt away...this is Man Food.

Booze ..hell, wasnt time to drink WHILE coooking wit TWO pans going plus a toaster oven..but I've had plnaty of ...kokanee gold, keystone ice, and soemthing else I cant rmemrebr....I using the 52oz Mug Of D00M...pic os dat aint needed.... ;)

NVM..I knew i need proof...

hee's measure of teh burger..AND the beer...sorry cant see in it, but it's been filed liek 3x snce 8am...

S6303317.jpg

Bloooddy hottt burger (i dboubt any but Nova understand how hot his Naga concentrate is...) and it's HUGE.

I need a nap now...before making my next EBiL idea...Naga-DawGz!

thx bro..I may not hava BBQ, but I got some damn fine pans...

I know ya appreciate tha T-Fal/Circulon stuff..it rocks..and I got it lal at thrift stores..muhahahah!!! ;)

Vnice on the salmon...how'd I ever gues you'd do that? ;)

Teheee...Skol!

Oh shitey! TB pulled out Salmon sliders, and Quad brought brekky death! OK, well I've just uploaded my pics. My burger is a bit on the traditional side though, so don't expect sparks to fly or anything. However, I stand by its awesomness!

Damn, I really wish we could do these things in a live group setting. I want to try ALL these so far. We've got appetizers du jour from TB, and a triple meat chile assault with eggies to clense the pallate already!

Pics forthcoming, and Cheers! to those who have posted before me...

OK Gents...I am in...just got back from the grocery store and liquor store and I am set for the evening....here is a pic of my ingredients...

061909a003-1.jpg

y'alls stuff looks great so far...lets get it on..

more coming in a little bit...

Otay, don't have preperation shots, but here's the rundown. Organic ground sirloin mixed with a bit of dijon mustard, worchestershier, smoked salt, and a splash of beer. Also incorporated were some chopped roasted poblanos. To boost the heat, I added some of my homemade Naga Death concentrate to a glob of Mayo. This stuff is nothing but Bhut Jolokias blended up fresh with AC vinegar, salt, and Garlic, so it pretty much makes anything pwningnly hot.

DSCN0731.jpg

Here's the mixed product spread on the bun. Notice the chunks of Naga Goodness

DSCN0735.jpg

Here's the final product ready for devouring. Burger got grilled on the old weber over some Hardwood lump charcoal. Patty was topped with chipotle chedder, thick cut bacon, more roasted poblano, grilled onion, El Yucateco Chipotle sauce that's nice and sweet like barbecue sauce, and finally a piece of home grown lettuce. On the side is one of last year's home canned pickles.

DSCN0734.jpg

Money shots to follow in the cont....

Booze shot with the stacked burger.....

DSCN0736.jpg

And finally, the bite shot. This was the best damn burger I can remember eating in quite some time. You guys wanna move to Asheville and open a chilehead burger joint? Naganaise had me sweating hard, and I got some Naga juice on my hand, then my face, then my pecker after dinner. I'm gonna go try and drink away the pain! Cheers gents, and I can't wait to see what else shows up here!

DSCN0737.jpg

DAAAAMMMMN!! I wanna eat at AJ's house! He's got Don Julio!!! Can't wait to see what becomes of all that meaty goodness AJ.

texas blues said:
Nice Quad! I reckoned it would be you or Impy to bring on the Brekkie Burger! Where'da bread/bun for the final money shot??

Cheers, TB.

Wow. This is really funny. I just came home from work/gym/grocery shopping. I swear this is the first time seeing this thread...and I have my ingredients for my variation of the brekkie burger. Quad, yours looks GREAT & it's funny how alike we think sometimes! Mine's similar...but lucky enough it's different enough to keep things interesting. OK, off I go cookin'!

Edit: TB your salmon sliders also look AMAZING!!! They literally made my mouth water. I loooove salmon burgers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back