• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Noshow's Grow log "09"

Thanx much to (OrigamiRN For hooking me up with some plants)White bullet habanero
WhitebulletHabanero.jpg
Jolokia
Jolokia.jpg
Fatali
Fatali.jpg
:lol:

More

7Pod one of AJ's i believe thanx
7Pod.jpg
Some of my babies anamheim chili bannana pepper, bell pepper, and orange habanero
Babies.jpg
Kolosca Paprika:hell::onfire:

Thanx junglerain again

when i recieved some of these they already had brown spots on the leaves and when i potted them up still had bad leaves and my old orange hab aquired amphids white fly's started to spread to all of these but with a little actuallyy alot of soap spray was able to hault, the problem, i used to water all the soil but now i only water a little bit right at the root, plants are doing much better and are getting nice new dark green leaves, these are all night shots i work in the a.m will post more as they progress hope all like!! can't wait to cook with them!!!:mouthonfire:

It's a Kalocsa paprika, one of the most famous ones from Hungary. It's sweet, and slightly spicy, and considered by many to be the best paprika pepper around. It is my first year growing it and one of the two that I was looking forward to the most. I love cooking with paprika, although it is not easy. Kalocsa paprika has a high sugar content, and requires heat to bring out it's flavor, however, if the cooking temperature is too hot, or is cooked too long, then the sugars carmelize, and the paprika turns bitter. But if you can strike that right balance, mmmmmmm, yum!!!!!

So this paprika thing... I'm assuming you dry them and make paprika powder? Can you also eat them fresh or use them for something else?

Hi Carol
This was my first year growing paprikas. Besides the Kalocsa, I was also growing Alma Paprika and FeherOzon paprika. They are also eaten fresh, as well as dried and powdered.

more sorry soo big.
Bell Pepper
IMG00038.jpg

Not sure lost label
Either an Orange Hab or Serrano,
IMG00039.jpg

still not sure what kind of pepper plant this is i have. first pods.
IMG00037.jpg

They be doing some growing alright, cool.

The unknown with the first pods looks a bit like my tobasco plants.

Good luck!

Left to right 7pot then Fatali
IMG00065.jpg

AnD another mystery pepper, I'm positive its either and orange hab or serrano.
IMG00063.jpg

and another mystery i think it is a caterpillar pepper (aribibi gusano)?Bolivian i think. will try and get a better photo
IMG00068.jpg

u dont even want to see my bannana pepper was dumped on ground been having a hard time recupperating only had one
leaf at one point. all others just were potted up a few days ago, giving them more light lately.

orange hab 2 new pods hard to spot nice green gettin big
IMG00419.jpg
about a year old this puppy like to attract the white flys will get a bunhc on a few leaves and spreads to the others this one seems to be the mother source of the white fly's but i spray once or twice a week with soap sray keeps em away
IMG00062.jpg

Back