• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Sauce Guide

Well as you may see based on how many posts I have done, Im just getting my pepper popped :lol: Anyway I have done some reading in here and have collected a few recipes online and was just wondering something. Is there a guide or something on how to make sauces/salsas with the methods used, ingredients, cooking ware, ph info, how to keep from exploding containers (I read that thread)etc.?
For those of you who have read my post in the "Welcome" section you would have seen that I have about 30 plants and 10 varieties. Also you would have seen that my friend and I are very interested in making our own sauce/salsa though do to food laws/regulations, red tape, etc. might be the only thing turning us off from wanting to make our own label.

uhoh we got a VIRGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's a few tips for ya.

-Always cook your sauces never boil.
-Cook in a non reactive stainless pot.
-Try different combinations.
-One of the most important is the PH level!!! 4.2 - 4.6 is perfect to ward off nasty things!
-always hot pack (unless you are going to refridgerate) use safe home canning methods only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Carrots and Habaneros work great together

I wouldn't really say there is a set guide to making sauces. Trial and error is how the best recipes are developed!!!

Back