• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting AJs Fifth Harvest 07-12-09

had more peppers ripen this week than I thought I would...my plants seem to be enduring this 100+ heat fairly well so far...only 7 more weeks to go...

Log...

Harvest507-12-09.jpg

then three different shots of the harvest...I really picked more than I thought I would...next week will be the first Trinidad Scorpion/7 Pot harvest...

071209a001.jpg

071209a002.jpg

071209a003.jpg

yup...I am off to a good start this year...I didn't get any superhots ripe until September last year...and that will be my major harvest this year....October was the best month here last year for me...

So that's what 20lbs of peppers in the last 5 weeks? You eating nothing but peppers at the mo? :D

How do you store them & how long do they last?

Cool peppers btw :)

Hey AJ...is that a flying saucer?

*Pepperfreak sneaks off with a couple handfulls of pepper*

:lol:

Nice looking harvest, you sure have your work cut out for you now. Can't let them go to waste. ;)

thanks all...I am pleased to get some pods before the hot weather prevents pod set...

serrano said:
you must be using magic

I don't know about magic but this north Texas weather has been cooperating...come on October

alistair said:
So that's what 20lbs of peppers in the last 5 weeks? You eating nothing but peppers at the mo?
How do you store them & how long do they last?

close to 20 lbs...and yes, am eating a lot of peppers and making a lot of stuff with them...I will start the dehydrator up this week and use that on some of them...most of them will be turned into concentrate (ground peppers with a little vinegar and salt)...the dehydrated ones will last a very long time but the pressure sealed jars seem to keep their color and shelf life so far is over a year...I don't freeze any...

Silver_Surfer said:
How long did it take to pick em?

took me about an hour yesterday morning...had to pick before it got too hot...

patrick said:
You ahead of last years take?

I am not sure Patrick but probably...I am getting a lot of fataliis and naga morich/bih jolokia before the heat hit this year and didn't get but a couple last year...

Pepperfreak said:
Hey AJ...is that a flying saucer?

*Pepperfreak sneaks off with a couple handfulls of pepper*

Nice looking harvest, you sure have your work cut out for you now. Can't let them go to waste. ;)

I saw that flying saucer...now where did those peppers go? I will be cranking up the concentrate factory up this week...

Nice pods AJ. What do you think of the taste of the Chocolate Fatalli? The heat is slowing down my fruit set but I should be able to pull off ample enough pods till the weather cools. Another harvest coming soon.

PRF, to tell you the truth, I have not tasted the chocolate fataliis yet...probably will this evening...have you tasted them yet and if so, what was your opinion...

I should be able to get a couple more harvest before all the fruit on the plants have ripened...some may keep on producing thru the heat...

hi aj,
long time since we last spoke,
it looks like you are haveing a good year so far.
Did any of my Bhut seed make a plant?
I have a large single Bhut outside,
she has not set flower yet as it is really hot right now.
take care AJ

pablo

Hey pablo good to see you again. I also received seed from you and grew the Fatalli in the smackdown thread thought you'd like to know. Still have the pablo Bhut seed. Thank you for such good seed.:cool:

AJ I have not tried my true Chocolate Fatalli pod yet but will very soon. The ones that turned red were nice peppers but did not resemble a fatalli in flavor. Higher hopes for the chocolate.

Beautiful harvest AJ.....Not long till our season starts again over here....:woohoo:

Is your dehydrator going to get a work out again this year?

pablo said:
hi aj,
long time since we last spoke,
it looks like you are haveing a good year so far.
Did any of my Bhut seed make a plant?
I have a large single Bhut outside,
she has not set flower yet as it is really hot right now.
take care AJ

pablo

Hey Pablo...long time my friend...how is your grow season going?...

got three of the Pablo plants growing...I moved them where they get morning sun and shade after noon and they seem to like the morning sun better than the afternoon sun....

here is a shot of the plants...and the second shot of of a 3+ inch pod that will be ready in a couple of days...I can't wait...

07-14-09a002.jpg

07-14-09a003.jpg

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Hey pablo good to see you again. I also received seed from you and grew the Fatalli in the smackdown thread thought you'd like to know. Still have the pablo Bhut seed. Thank you for such good seed.:cool:

AJ I have not tried my true Chocolate Fatalli pod yet but will very soon. The ones that turned red were nice peppers but did not resemble a fatalli in flavor. Higher hopes for the chocolate.

I am taking a couple of the chocolate fatalii pods to work with me today and will do a taste test with about 5 others at 9 am this morning...will post after the taste test...

moyboy said:
Beautiful harvest AJ.....Not long till our season starts again over here....:woohoo:

Is your dehydrator going to get a work out again this year?

thanks moy...I won't dehydrate as many this year as I did last...still got heaps dehydrated left...most of this year will be made into concentrate...

Back