• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Hot Sauce thief in Houston TX

Here's a plea made today by John Hard from Cajohn's..

"A Very Bad Thing Happened In Houston…

Monday morning at 12:24 AM in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Select, Dude’s window was smashed and his truck/trailer was stolen. Inside of the trailer was what was left after the show from both Old Pueblo Distributing’s and CaJohns booths. The truck/trailer was recovered sometime Monday, but the ENTIRE contents of the trailer were gone. Included in the loss were approximately 24 Caveat Emptors and Mini Light You Up bottles. So those of you in the Houston area, if you find a good deal on a Caveat Emptor, Chip & I would love to know of the person you get it from. This was caught on video, but we are not too hopeful of this helping us catch the perps. You Texas chileheads are our best shot.
The CEs were only a part of what was stolen. All of the display units and inventory from both companies are "in the wind". PBR barrel racks, slanted sauce display boards, many, many bottles of "State specific" sauces (Texas Road Kill, Oklahoma Rt. 66 etc) Arizona Pickles brand sauces, even some Bret’s Eat S%^* and Howl at the Moon. Fatalii Fire, Black Mamba (with bags & snakes, we never have wholesaled this packaging to anyone) Talon, Frostbite, the entire remaining inventory of Houston, We Have a Problem!, Ignite, Island Jewel and many many more.
It sucks this happened, and Chip (Dude) is still stuck in Houston waiting to get his truck road worthy for the trip back to Columbus. If anyone in Texas sees any of this stuff at Flea Markets, Swap Meets etc., please let me or Chip know about it."

Many of these sauces will be hard to track, HOWEVER the numbered collectable bottles can possibly lead to the scum who stole their stuff.

Anyone knowing anything about this, please contact Cajohn's at 1-888-703-fire..

Desperate people do some really stupid things. Cajohn told me just a few weeks ago, that the neighborhood crack heads where his kitchen is located, actually stole the copper tubing that runs into the back of his building from his propane tanks. He had to replace the tubing and enclose the area to prevent it from happening again. Over $1000.00 in repair cost, just because some jerk wanted to make prolly $5.00 on copper scraps..

Shooty* said:
Copper theft is a massive problem in some places, esp the third world where people cut power lines, etc, to sell. Quite a few get killed, if memory serves, coz they don't do it properly.

Not exactly third world, but http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/277721_copper15.html as an example.

I'd heard thats also a problem with some Russian and Ukrainian military units. The troops strip precious metals out of their equiptment because they need the money to feed their families(they haven't gotten paid in years)

Most overhead conductors are aluminium vs copper. By the time they risk life and limb and drive to the recycle center they should have just about enough money left to fill their tank and drive home.
Now the real money (copper) is in the underground feeders
from the transformer to the panelboards inside, but hell that would require a shovel and labor......It would be just like the work they are trying to avoid. Sorry, I know this is not T&D message board, but... eets my yob man:)

They make pretty good moving targets. Some are really dumb though. Wife and I helped with an arrest one time. Cops didn't even know I was armed until some crackhead pulled a gun and started to shoot a cop in the back. I called him as I outdrew him. He took off running. Must have had 200 mad folks around at that moment, Cop said thanks, you go that way, we'll go this way to a quieter area. Real sick people out there. I'm now armed at all times.

Awesome story, too bad that here in New Jersey, if I did what you did, I'd get arrested, and the crackhead would probably be allowed to file a civil suit.

tinner666 said:
I'm now armed at all times.

Piece be with you.
21.gif

imaguitargod said:
Me too, I've got my knife on my belt, I'm a black belt in karate, and I've armed myself with Defcon!

eggs-sell-ant!! What style? I'm 3rd in Goju, 3rd in JuJutsu, 3rd in Japanese and Okinawan Kobudo .....and T'ai Chi Instructor cuz they don't have belts... LOL! 20something years now. Had a school here for many moons but it lost to something that actually paid. It's nice to do it for love, but love don't pay the bills...... ;-)

I'd like to find the Fokkers that did it, and perhaps 'help' them ingest a bottle or two... maybe teach them not to play with fire!!!!!:onfire: :fireball: :mouthonfire:

Muso2112 said:
eggs-sell-ant!! What style?
Not sure, all I was told was "karate" when I took it manny moons ago. I still practice alot to stay "with it".

And speeking of thefts. I have a plant out back and last night someone cut off three HUGE main branches. I know who did it, they talked to me about the plant briefly yesturday, it was a roommates friend. Low and behold this morning I wake up and found that they ripped some branches off late last night. Tonight I'm forced to go and harvest it because they may come back. This sucks, that was probably about 4 months worth of my much needed medicine they stole.

Needless to say, if I see the party again, I'm getting my bat. Also going to lay into my roommate and tell him not to bring his friends around here again or else they are going to not be able to play baseball again for the next 6 months...wait, how long does a broken face and stipped off knee caps take to heal?

I'm really fumming right now.
1.gif

It took me two years to prep the soil to this amazing state that its in, 6 months of meticulous work every day to make this plant that's 6 1/5 feet tall and about 4 feet wide and in one night 1/6th of it is gone....god I feel like crying.

Back