• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Curry Burgers and Chili Lime Corn

I'm about to make you drool!

1. If you love Indian curry I suggest you make curry burgers. Since it's ground meat you get to mix the spices throughout the whole burger.

2. Corn is just begging for lime. They go so well together. Add your favorite spices, a little olive oil.... call it a day! It was amazing!

Attachments

• curryburgersraw.jpg
    curryburgersraw.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 108
  • chilelimecorn.jpg
    chilelimecorn.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 95
  • curryburgersongrill.jpg
    curryburgersongrill.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 82
  • chilelimecornongrill.jpg
    chilelimecornongrill.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 82
  • curryburgerplate.jpg
    curryburgerplate.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 90
  • curryburgercloseup.jpg
    curryburgercloseup.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 88
ahk! You put all that goodness into the burger, cooked it perfectly and......put ketchup on it? FAIL! The meal is saved with the awesomenessess of that corn..WIN!

Salute', TB.

Organic ketchup!! LOL. Hey when my kitchen is finished I'll get back to making my own sauces. This was all done outdoors after a trip to the market.

thehotpepper.com said:
Organic ketchup!! LOL. Hey when my kitchen is finished I'll get back to making my own sauces. This was all done outdoors after a trip to the market.

oops...sorry THP. I forgot you don't have a proper kitchen yet. Ketchup forgiven and THP FTW!

Salute', TB.

looks & sounds tasty, job well done THP.
I gotta try some indian food sometime soon since all of you here keep talking about it.
its just not as common around here.

chilehunter said:
I gotta try some indian food sometime soon since all of you here keep talking about it.

Thanks!

Novacastrian said:
Corn and lime, thats new to me but sounds good. Will have to try it.

It came to me after thinking about how good lime goes with corn chips, as in, spicy lime flavors, salsas, etc.

It's refreshing!

Squeeze a half a lime on the corn, and add the slices as well. Also add olive oil and your favorite spice. Wrap it and grill it. Cheers.

looks like a great way to kick up that summertime corn on the grill...lime...whodathunk. Well done with the burgers too, curry is awesome!
FD

must try lime with my cobs which are nearly ripe.
curry's my favourite dish, have it several times a week, & cooked a chicken curry tonight with a red & a green chilli added in-delicious!
nice 'n' hot & very spicy, just as it should be.:mouthonfire:

chilehunter said:

You haven't tried Indian food yet? You are missing out my friend. You are missing out. It's usually not that hard to make, but it is usually fairly time consuming. I've posted a few of my favorites in the meals section and I'm sure some of the other people here can point you in the right direction.

Chile-Smothered Pork with Vinegar This is one of my favorites because it's hot, it has great flavor and uses a lot of garlic. Best part is that it's simple to make, doesn't take much time and the ingredients are all very common

Another favorite of mine is Goan Gosht Curry - Curried Beef Stew with Potatoes, Shallots, and Malt Vinegar. It's cheap because it uses a cheap, tough cut of meat. Rest assured that it isn't tough at all when you do it like this. Very flavorful.

My girlfriend absolutely LOVES Achari Murg - Chicken with Pickling Spices. She'd eat it every day if it were up to her. Oh yea, don't get turned off by the name because this dish doesn't taste anything like a Dill pickle or a Vlasic.

You've got to give them a try. I just can't get over the blend of spices that are used. There are times where I sit back and think "Who the hell would've thought to put those together?"

Either way EXPAND THOSE HORIZONS MAN! Just be warned that you'll probably find most other foods rather bland after you become accustomed to Indian foods. We did.

oh yea I got distracted by castigating chilehunter, but that's some fantastic looking grub you got there THP! I'm definitely going to try "lime on the cob". I wouldn't mind grilling up a few burgers as well.

I was going to make these for the curry throwdown a few months ago, and honestly, I think about them every week or two since then ... seriously.

Partially because I was eating black bean patties and dreaming about beef, but partially because it really appeals to me ... and well, partially because I have this shaker of kick-ass, kicked-up UK-style curry powder from Dru ...

This one's going down.

I'm pulling the thread around to force my hand for this week ...

Nice one, Boss.

The Hot Pepper said:
I'm about to make you drool!

1. If you love Indian curry I suggest you make curry burgers. Since it's ground meat you get to mix the spices throughout the whole burger.

2. Corn is just begging for lime. They go so well together. Add your favorite spices, a little olive oil.... call it a day! It was amazing!

chilelimecornongrill_thumb.jpg

this. 

right meow

in ma belly

:beer:
:cheers:

Back