#701 TNKS

TNKS

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 14 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

If its sold in Walmart its crap

USUALLY (but not always) if there is a TV commercial, it is crap.

#702 Vertically Challenged

Vertically Challenged

Mild

• Extreme Biz
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 03:24 AM

In the UK we have access to very good ales & bitters we struggle with a decent lager like the US we're bombarded with very poor quality commercial lagers.

I do like a good cold lager in summer BUT I can't find one so end up drinking ales.

My fave at the moment is Woodfordes Wherry which you can get in brew kit form or on tap (Occasionally) the brew kit is very very good but it is made by the brewers themselves.

Got my Camra (Campaign for real ales) membership round here somewhere

Edited by Vertically Challenged, 19 October 2014 - 03:26 AM.

#703 Tony Cappello

Tony Cappello

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

The local pub has a variety of German beers on tap so last night I was in the mood for Oktoberfest so I tried a couple of different beers and I wasn't disappointed. I couldn't really tell you the name of the breweries because I could barely pronounce the names when I was ordering.

Edited by Tony Cappello, 26 October 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#704 AaronTT

AaronTT

Heating Up

• Extreme
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:27 AM

I am a big fan of German beers, although some of the best I've ever had came from Austria and Belgium. I believe in my opinion, Europe has the best true beer in the world. The US has had sort of a renaissance in beer making recently, as many styles flavors and types of quality beers have been born, so we now have some serious competition. I have had great beer from almost every corner of the globe though. I do enjoy quality beers from South America, Russia, UK and other places that do not come to mind at the moment as well. I have yet to find a really good beer from Asia(except Russia) though sorry to say. I have had several types from India, China and Singapore and a couple other countries over there, but I have been unimpressed so far, as most just taste like a slightly better version of the mainsteam crap in the US. I would love someone to point me to a really good one from this region, as I am sure they exist.

I can almost always know the quality when I first smell it. A good quality beer of most types have a certain fragrance that is always present. You could blindfold me and just allow me to smell the beer, and I can distinguish between the good and the bad probably 9 out of 10 times.

Having said that, I have recently cut back quite a bit. I now enjoy the flavor more, instead of getting drunk off it. Sure, I will have a couple and feel it a bit every now and then, but its no longer a habit for me personally. For me its an experience where you enjoy with friends or family, and you have good conversations and good food to go with it. In moderation beer enhances experiences imo. Before, it was more about what it did to me than the experience that surrounds it. I'm not judging anyone though, to each their own. I just don't want any addictions at all. Been there, done that and so its not the life for me. I will always love a good quality beer though.

“Among the countless evils that bring about the demise of entire states, these four are probably the prior ones: internal discord, high mortality, infertility of the soil, and the deterioration of the money. The first three are so apparent that hardly anybody would contest them. The fourth evil, however, which stems from the money, is only noticed by a few, and only by those, who think deeply, for the states fall victim to demise not at the first attempt, but gradually, and almost invisibly.” -- Nikolaus Kopernikus

#705 robbie

robbie

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:48 AM

Can you guess what my favorite types of adult beverages are?

smuttynoseporter_zpsa5f09aad.jpgdarktruthstout_zps37808637.jpgfortcollinschocolatestout_zps6cef7a13.jpfuelcafecoffeestout_zps147a0588.jpgblackmochastout_zpsae6631d2.jpgoldrasputinrussianimperialstout_zps112d0lefthandmilkstoutnitro_zps924b3578.jpgpoetoatmealstout_zps1ec82d79.jpgthunderstruckcoffeeporter_zps54381644.jp

#706 TNKS

TNKS

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

:nice . . . .

#707 robbie

robbie

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

These were just recently purchased:

stouts_zps3cd17308.jpg

My current absolute favorite has to be Founders Breakfast Stout:

foundersbreakfaststout_zps39336773.jpg

And don't forget that a most welcome addition to any beer is some good ol'

tater chips!

b2cfe207-0d84-4599-89ec-e6040b813ef9_zps

#708 Tony Cappello

Tony Cappello

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:15 PM

Speaking of stouts I just had a pint of Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout last night. It's touted as an "Organic" beer suitable for vegetarians but I honesty don't think the majority of beer lovers are going to care that it's a vegan friendly beer.

24889_1.jpg

#709 beer2beer

beer2beer

Mild

• Extreme
  • 98 posts
  • aka:beer

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

A Brazilian one...

Colorado%20Beer.jpeg

A hug!

Edited by beer2beer, 24 November 2014 - 07:01 AM.

"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer" (Homer Simpson)

#710 TNKS

TNKS

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

Look for Founders "Backwoods Bastard" not the same as the Angry Bastard

My current absolute favorite has to be Founders Breakfast Stout:

foundersbreakfaststout_zps39336773.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users