Hello from New York !

As far back as I can remember I have always enjoyed cooking and I loved the internet. As a child, my grandmother would teach me how to recreate many of our families famous recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. It was not until my high school years that I realized cooking could be my future. I got a summer job as a dishwasher at a popular restaurant in St. Augustine, Florida. My intense work ethic allowed me to be promoted quickly. Within months I was able to work in all parts of the kitchen. I enjoyed the hard work and the gratification I received from all the happy customers.
Two years later I moved to NY and was hired to be head chef at a local Italian restaurant. At the same time, I was preparing for college and was putting much thought into my future. I decided to study cooking and restaurant management and I received my degree in restaurant management. I’ve always had an interest in the internet, so I decided to start sharing my recipes online with a blog. To this day, it doesn’t matter if I’m cooking for a packed restaurant or my family and friends at home, I’m always happy when I’m in the kitchen!

:welcome:

You'll like it here. Check out THP Throwdowns.

Thanks, I'm just starting to browse around now. I'm growing some hot peppers in my garden now, so I'm looking for some good ideas for when I harvest.

Thanks! I'm glad to be here. I already found a few recipes that I can not wait to try. My brother is coming to visit this week and he LOVES hot stuff---so it will be a good time to try these out.

I welcome everyone to check out my recipe blog:
http://www.cheftomcooks.com

Back