• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

lbs per habenero

I think AJ had an overwintered plant that had over 3000 pods last year. I will wait for him to tell you how much exactly because I am too drunk to look it up.

I had about 2500 big nagas on a first year plant one year, and I'm guessing I got 10-15 lbs but generally I'm happy with 5 Lbs on C. chinense varieties

Edit: Maybe not a great example since nagas likely weigh less than habaneros

Still... Where? If you are using the numbers people are guessing about AJ's monster I might point out that he hasn't said a word in this thread:)

It depends on the variety, I have these "West Indies" growing that produce huge pods with very thick walls that make for a very heavy fruit.

Plant size can vary too, the larger the plant, generally the more fruit it produces, which also depends on the length of the growing season.

It's too complex to answer accuratly, the best answer I guess is 'it depends'.

Yup, and depends on the type of Hab. My reds are larger than any orange I've grown in the past and thicker fleshed too. Of course the age/size of the plant is a huge factor.

I can't tell you the total weight of the Orange habs from last years plant but it produced a ton...I didn't start weighting them until late last season...

assuming 6-7 grams a pepper, that would be about 70 peppers per pound, so that roughly is close to 30 pounds....

Here's what 1 pound of my red habs (with stems) looks like - I'm not counting the basket weight. I think I've got maybe 2.5 to 3 lbs from my best plant so far this year and the peppers are getting smaller in size. Waiting for cooler temps to give me my second surge of pods.

pound.jpg

c.

And for our metric friends... This is ~250 grams of red hab on a 9" plate prepped for puree/concentrate. It made an 8oz jar plus leftovers for immediate use.
250g.jpg

Back