Seed Trading Parcel 2009 - Canada/USA

For those of you that haven't taken part in this before, the main idea is as follows…
1) A list gets created with the Names of 25 forum members.
2) You receive the parcel in the mail from the previous member on the list.
3) You take some seeds from the parcel that you want.
4) You put some of your spare seeds into the parcel (labeled properly).
5) You put $0.25+ into the parcel to help out with postage when it has to go across the border. Also if you have stamps you can add that instead.
6) You message the next person in the list (PM) for their address (give them 3 days to respond, then move onto the next person in the list)
7) Send the parcel to the next person on the list.

Rules:
1) The parcel only goes to Canada and USA members due to time and issues with overseas customs.
2) After the parcel is sent, send the Tracking Number of the Parcel to the Person you are Sending it to (via PM) so that it can be tracked by them.
3) ONLY CHILI SEEDS!
4) Only take what you need, then add your spare seeds clearly labeled. (Baggies/Labels will be provided inside the Parcel for you)
5) Please label the seeds using the following (as best you can): True Seeds or Cross?, Type of Chili, and Date of Harvest.
6) The last person on the list sends the parcel back to the first person (me) then we can sort out round 2 (Round 2 will contain the remaining seeds from Round 1, minus the ones I take for my turn).
7) The parcel will start moving SEPTEMBER 1st, 2009.
8) ****IMPORTANT**** Please post in the thread when you receive the parcel and again when you send it on. That way others have an idea where it's at and this helps a quick turnaround.
9) We are looking to have the parcel received and sent back out within 2 days of receiving it. This will keep things moving quickly as I’m sure everyone will be anxious for their turn!
10) To help with the cost of postage across the border, please put $0.25+ into the package before sending it to the next person on the list (feel free to exchange the change for bills to keep the weight down). Also feel free to add stamps if you got any instead of cash.
11) If you are sending the parcel across the border, use the collected quarters/stamps towards the cost of customs. Only use what is needed so that the extra can be used for another round.

We will fine tune the rules before we start, but this is the rough guideline. If you wish to join please post your name in this thread and PM your name and address (used to create/organize the sending list) to me. Feel free to post any ideas you may have and any addition rules I may have missed.

Final List In Order
-------------
USA
  • ebk637 - MI
  • millworkman - TN
  • noshownate - FL
  • pappywith4 - TX
  • origamiRN - TX
  • patrick - NE
  • crazy8 - MN
  • pepperfever - MN
  • smokemaster - CA

CANADA
  • Adrian - Alberta
  • Penny - Ontario
  • hisdaftness - Ontario
  • qbvbsite - Ontario

Im in... even though I didn't see a rule about a minimum of 100 posts for members to be a part of this. I know by Sept. 1st Ill have well over that.

Thanks MrArboc... crazy8 make sure to PM me you Address then I'll offically add you to the list. Also currently there is no post limit for an entry, but you must be an active member (hisdaftness is helping with this so he is legit :D)

Hey,
Sure thing.. trading is always welcome :D. hisdaftness is accually a friend of mine that is helping start/fill the package.

--James

Why not have one person order a bunch of seeds, and send them to everyone on the list? This would work well for newer members who have little to start with.

newhotstuff said:
Why not have one person order a bunch of seeds, and send them to everyone on the list? This would work well for newer members who have little to start with.
That would cost 1 guy a fortune (well a small one). This way everyone pays a little and gets a chance to get some cool seeds.

Sorry I was in the 1st parcel and it went great without paying for those people who might have a cost.Hell I would`ve payed for the seeds I got out of the parcel.Good luck and a great harvest .You should pay attention to the format AJ ran.Have a great one.

hixs said:
Sorry I was in the 1st parcel and it went great without paying for those people who might have a cost.Hell I would`ve payed for the seeds I got out of the parcel.Good luck and a great harvest .You should pay attention to the format AJ ran.Have a great one.

I only added the 0.25 because there will be one person with a higher postage bill sending it to canada. I thought it would help. But if everyone thinks its not a problem I'll remove the 0.25 thing.

pappywith4 said:
I would do this but I am a newbie all I hae to put in is a brown 7 pot batch of seeds.

Thats fine.. you can put in whatever you want and as much as you want. As long as you are considerate to the other ppl I dont see an issue... put 20 seeds in take 20 out... all is far :).. just PM me your address and i'll add you to the list

Back