• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Jerk Chicken

Greeting All ,

Yesterday I made Jerk Chicken. One of my favorites !! I'm adding a bunch of pictures to show what I do.

First I use a "yardie" style grill. It's an old Chevy rim. If you've been to Ja , you've seen these in action. This grill works great for steaks , burgers , most anything that uses a high heat. The top from one of the round barrel cajun type smokers fits just right. In the case of the jerk chicken which cooks longer , I use the barrel part with the lid/top. That way the temp is lowers and I can cook it longer.

This first picture shows the basic set up. Two concrete blocks with the rim on top.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

JaGrilla.jpg

I'd KILL for a D & G ginger beer !! Can't get 'em here ...... Stripes were ingested while cooking. Just to cut the smoke in my throat , don't ya know. Drank tea with the meal. Didn't want anything to take away from the jerk flavor. Just my way .... I know most like a cold beer with it. But I would guzzle a D & G Ginger Beer along with it. LOL .......

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I've had Reeds and yes I can get them here. Other brands too. But to my humble taste buds there is nothing like D & G. Maybe because it was my first ginger beer. D & G also makes Red Stripe in case you didn't know.

I used get D & G at a Thai market here. It has new owners and they won't order it. Guess I could find it on line.

Peace ,
P. Dreadie

The Hot Pepper said:
I love that Dreadie is still spreading the irie!

I'm gonna have to try those red curry burgers, those look amazing. Spent some time looking at his grub threads last night. Wish I had the time to get to know him. He has some epic grub post.

Raaaastafari!!  :high:

Back