• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Cabernet rehydrated bhuts and chipotle and??

So i have these dried bhuts i got off the internet a while back. They were flame dried and have a very smoky taste, not pleasant like a chipotle but not quite unpleasant. I finally decided to do something with them. I thought rehydrating with red wine might taste good so i did that with 4 of them and i also threw in 2 dried chipotles in the hopes that the pleasnt smokiness of those would balance out the charred smokiness of the bhuts.

I'm planning on making a sauce or paste with this. Here's where i need help with ideas. What would go well with smoky spicy cabernet sauvignon? I was thinking maybe tomato and rosemary. All ideas are welcome!

Sounds like you've hit the nail on the head with the toms and rosemary man. Only thing I can think of to add might be sun dried toms instead of fresh, and maybe a bit of balsamic vinegar. If you want to go nuts, try a pinch of anise seed and a ton of black pepper as well. Sounds like a seriously hot spread for a sandwich if I ever head one! :onfire:

Those both sound great. I have a lot of these Bhuts, i'll probably end up trying most of the ideas i get from here.

I have a pork loin i was trying to decide what to do with as well. 2 birds with one stone, woo hoo!

The sun-dried maters and balsamic gave me another idea too. Instead of making it a paste, mix it up with some olive oil and other herbs and i got myself a nice spicy italian dressing.

Busy as hell for the rest of the week. Will start posting pics on the weekend!

Back