• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Did I go mental?

I was looking at my hydro plants and thinking - There are only around 10 fruits on each of you and your monsters. Also all the new growth was getting damp from the condensation on the roof panels. The leaves were all deformed and there were 30 odd hover flies living in the bush and loads of lady birds too.

I didn't realise how much growth there actually was! Hopefully now they will start re shooting low down and give me pods not leaves!

Tell me they will be ok! I got scissor happy.
P030809_1844.jpg

Plants are here if you dare to look! You cant see but they go back 3 foot.
http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk222/Tolemans/P030809_184401.jpg

I'm doing the same thing this year on many of my plants. Last year my hydroponic Trinidad Scorpion was way too large and collapsed under it's own weight. This year I've been aggressively pruning and I'm happy with the results. It's a smaller plant, but much more sturdy.

Any pics of the plant before the haircut?

I've done the same thing to several of mine. The big over sized leaves get cut back. I haven't noticed any harm caused by it.

Thankfully they have only fallen over once and were tied up after. They are now strung to various parts of the greenhouse.

There is much more sunlight getting in now and I can feel the air circulation difference.

The good thing with hydro is all nutrients air and water are at the ready for recovery.

Chris

Before lol. As you can see, its growing into the poly carb and between the joints. Only lots a few pea sized pods but hopefully it should re shoot nice and low down.

DSCF1305.jpg

Do you add ferts to help it fruit at all? Seems like your nutrients may have too much nitrogen.

Toleman said:
I was looking at my hydro plants and thinking - There are only around 10 fruits on each of you and your monsters. Also all the new growth was getting damp from the condensation on the roof panels. The leaves were all deformed and there were 30 odd hover flies living in the bush and loads of lady birds too.

I didn't realise how much growth there actually was! Hopefully now they will start re shooting low down and give me pods not leaves!

Tell me they will be ok! I got scissor happy.

The plants will be fine, but how in the hell did you get lady birds indoors? :P

Toleman said:
Thankfully they have only fallen over once and were tied up after. They are now strung to various parts of the greenhouse.

There is much more sunlight getting in now and I can feel the air circulation difference.

The good thing with hydro is all nutrients air and water are at the ready for recovery.

Chris

Light and air will definitely help and you might consider cutting back on the nutes to get them out of the vegetative stage and producing more blooms.

They are currently on equal grow bloom micro for ease. Next year im going to try floramato and micro as that mix is designed for toms and chillis and is supposed to be better for producing pods.
Ec rarely goes over 1.0 (10cf) so too high nutes shouldn't be a prob.

I collected around 10 ladybirds/ ladybugs from a hedge in the garden of a customer we worked for. The hedge was covered in aphids, lady birds and ants so i removed the poachers and took them home. They also appear in the garden from time to time so just chuck them in there.

An injured one - one leg missing and a dent - should probably cut down on the 'chucking'
DSCF1323.jpg

I was told by gh that the current floramato doesn't need to be used with the micro. I have been using floramato by itself for a while and couldn't be happier. I would say that u aren't doing too bad with your current concoction though either,looks good.

hydrojunkie said:
I was told by gh that the current floramato doesn't need to be used with the micro. I have been using floramato by itself for a while and couldn't be happier. I would say that u aren't doing too bad with your current concoction though either,looks good.

Old topic yes, but you are suppose to use the floramicro/floramato in a combo with different rations depending on the current stage of growing.

Back