• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

I ate the Naga Morich (pics)

Well, I did it. Sunday, October 1st, 2006 at 5:10 PM I ate the world's hottest pepper, the Naga Morich. I got it on VHS (if anyone has the ability to transfer it to a web formate, we need to talk, pm me please) and here are the digital pictures of my journey.

naga1.jpg

The Pepper

naga2.jpg

Just took a chunk and am putting the pepper down (the dog almost ate it because it was at his level)

naga3.jpg

The heat just kicked in

naga4.jpg

Que the Incredible Hulk transfermation music.

darthcarl said:
and flavor before heat? what's it like? how long did the heat hang?
It tasted like green apples, REALLY fruity and the walls are surprisingly thin. The heat hung out for about 5-6 minutes....it could have been hotter though.... The heat just kept kicking me and kicking me, it was really consistant.

chuk hell said:
Did you eat the whole thing? How's the poop'n going today?:D
Nope, only took one bit out of it, which was about half of the pepper......I have yet to make doody today...

Guitar, Did you learn anything from this experience.. other than never to try it again.

The one picture looks like you are trying to hold in any IQ pts. remaining.. all in all some pretty funny pic's.

Denio said:
Guitar, Did you learn anything from this experience.. other than never to try it again.
Yes, Nagas are REALLY tasty! I have some ideas for new sauces and dry shakes. Also, the texture of the inside of the pepper is unlike any other pepper I've eaten before.

Denio said:
The one picture looks like you are trying to hold in any IQ pts. remaining..
LOL!!!

I was picking my garden over, had two beautiful habaneros in my basket, and I ate one. First time I ever popped a whole hab into my piehole and ate it.

It was hot, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I'm really curious about the Naga now.

I don't think that your dog would have snatched it out of your hand to eat. Animals are alot smarter than we are in what they put in their mouths. He probably just wanted to smell it. I have even offered my dogs whole habs and they sniff and then do nothing.

Philipperv said:
I don't think that your dog would have snatched it out of your hand to eat. Animals are alot smarter than we are in what they put in their mouths. He probably just wanted to smell it. I have even offered my dogs whole habs and they sniff and then do nothing.
Tigger is not that smart when it comes to food. He used to be a street dog so he still has the "Oh! Food! Eat it quick!" mentality. And it wasn't in my hand, it was on a piece of newspaper on the ground next to me.

Tigger's picked jalapenos off the plant before (I caught him before he ate it) and we've also feed him the jalapeno's that you get at restraunts...he loves those! Some dogs love peppers, I know that Kato fed his dog habs and the dog LOVED them.

Oh, and for those who haven't seen Tigger....
tiggerhead.jpg

tiggerlooking.jpg

Are restaurant jalaps different to home grown?

My jalapeno plants consist of about 8 pairs of leaves at the moment, so I don't know :)

Oddly, one of the plants has this wierd "crown" like small lump thing at the top of the shoot. As if it's about to spout 6 leaves at the same time or something. Will post a photo if anyone would like to see.

Back