• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Chunky's Burgers - San Antonio, TX

Philipperv

Banned
This place and its Four Horsemen burger was featured on this season's 1st episode of Man v Food. The burgers has jalapenos, serranos, habs and some Bhut Jolokias on it.

Can anyone in San Antonio give us a chilehead rating of this burger?

Philipperv said:
This place and its Four Horsemen burger was featured on this season's 1st episode of Man v Food. The burgers has jalapenos, serranos, habs and some Bhut Jolokias on it.

Can anyone in San Antonio give us a chilehead rating of this burger?

My best friend lives in San Antonio. Next time I go visit I'll hit the place up and post pics/review.

It doesn't look extremely hot, but since I've never tried it I couldn't say. From the show, it looked like a bulk of the peppers they grilled up were jalapenos and/or serranos. But the show did say they used three (dried) jolokias and also applied a habanero BBQ-type sauce liberally on it.

I know this is a little late, but I used to live there, and it would sometimes depend on the shipment of bhuts they received. I had it often. Its actually a great burger. Definitely only for those who can handle and thoroughly enjoy the hotter varieties. I myself could actually taste the different peppers, and the sauce they make with the bhuts is actually pretty good. nice heat. almost a bit too sweet, but most cant tell cause of the heat. I loved it every time. Of course, I am also a fan of different garlic and onions, and always had them saute me some of both with my bhuts and add them to the burger. overall, Id give em an 8 out of ten.

I am helping develop a Ghost burger for my favorite local pub. I will be making them a sauce made of bhuts and the burger will also contain fresh bhut slices. I am going to try other various peppers on it to give it an overall burn. (ie something that will burn sooner like cayenne or thai that will hit you until early until the heat of the bhuts gets to you). We are experimenting with mixing a bhut sauce into the meat. It is going to be a challenge not unlike the Four Horsemen, but I think it will be hotter. Anyone wanting to come to south-central PA let me know and I will give you directions. Maybe Adam Richman will come if we gain a little notoriety.

Wow. I'll resurrect this post.

After a while living off of the Sauces (Dave's Insanity and Blairs Ultimate Death) then graduating to Blair's Death Rain Nitro powder finally fresh chilies....I decided to try the 4 horsemen burger. I can tell you that it was very hot....but not because of the Bhuts on the burger. They SOAK the burger with Mad Dog's 357 sauce.

A good friend of mine went with me had a good quote for the occasion. "It was so hot, I knew I couldn't finish. It tasted so bad, I didn't want to try."

Back