• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting Today's Pod Harvest

This is typical of a daily harvest.

Left to right: top Bhut Jolakia Tobago Seasoning 7 Pot
Bottom Lemon Scorpion

8_24_09.jpg

What to do...what to do.....

Wow what a harvest! I picked 10+ peppers (the most ever at once) and was happy. However with 230 plants you sure have earned the rewards. What do you do with all those peppers???

I mainly dry them in the dehydrator. This year, I am going to try to make some canned puree.
BTW, I have over 8 pounds of red Hab powder in various containers.(yellow SB, red SB, white bullet, etc.) That's just for starters for my powder.....

Silver_Surfer said:
Very nice harvest. 230 plants must keep you very busy.

What other chili varieties do you have?

7 Pot
Scorpion
Bhut Jolakia
Tabago Seasoning
Trinidad Perfume
Trinidad Congo
Yellow Mushroom
Fatalli
Datil
Naga Morich
Devils Tongue
Hungarian Bannana
Peruvian Purple
Yellow Hab
Red Hab
Chocolate Hab
Inferno
Red Scotch Bonnet
Guatemalean Mystery Pepper

I know I am forgetting some. I'll need to check my planting schematic.

patrick said:
Eight pounds of powder? Holy freaking hot stuff Batman!

Powder.jpg

I weighed the one on the right, 16.2 ounces of Hab along with the the big one on the left.That is a one gallon container. The little one in the middle is freshly ground 7 Pot powder.:lol:

Here is today's picking:

8_28_09.jpg

Top, left to right:
Chocolate Hab,Red SB, Trinidad Congo
Red Hab, Orange Hab, Tabago Seasoning
Oy Kho

Maybe, 4 or 5 pounds total .....

I see puree in my future......

Dude, either your picking your peppers green or that looks a whole lot like ground bud the kind Iggy likes. Nice stash, hate to be so blunt but am I the only one double toked. Beautiful green chili powder don't think any capsaisin in the leaves. Just look what this site has come to anything for a buzz.:high:

Just got home from seeing Sam Bush, pepper look great!:drunk:

ROFL Cappy. Yeah, that is definitely some green powder. Do Jalapenos make good powder? Anybody ever dry them and grind?

Back