• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Tonight's Dinner

Had a few folks over and kinda threw a mixed grill together.....

Picture064.jpg

Had some steaks, burgers, itallian sausage, bratwurst and some asparagus.....

I'm an asparagus fan. Did you put any seasoning on them? I use two asparagus recipies (Hollandese sauce or pesto) and would like to find some new ways to enjoy it.

Hillbilly Chili said:
Whats that green stuff?

get it off the grill Bro.
All else looks Great!!!!

:( BlaaaHaaaHaa!! That's a "foodie correct" grillin for sure..The veggies have demanded their equal right's!!!

looks dang good.....

I grill asparagus all the time. Marinade in Balsamic, black pepper, garlic and olive oil...grill..serve with the steak so I don't feel so guilty about being the ravenous carnivore I am...

As a bonus...it makes your pee smell GREAT!

i like to sautee asparagus rather than grill it. throw about 4-5 cloves garlic chopped in fairly large slices in olive oil. once garlic is sizzling good, throw in asparagus, salt, pepper, and stir. cook it for about 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally until the asparagus is dark green and wilted looking. makes it not as crunchy, goes really well with steaks and pretty much anything.

and yes, it makes your pee smell wonderful...

I grill vegetables almost every time I grill any meat. I use the "If it can be cooked, it can be grilled" idea.

For asparagus I use olive oil and a lemon pepper seasoning before grilling. There's never any left.

If you like onion soup, try this on the grill. Peel an onion (I use yellow onion) then cut into quarters top to bottom (but DON'T cut all the way through). Then place the onion on two sheets of heavy duty foil, place a pat of butter in each slot cut into the onion, and then sprinkle some granulated beef boullion over the top of the onion. Gather up the foil around the onion and squeeze together at the top. Put on the grill over indirect heat before starting the meat. It will take about 45-60 minutes depending on the size of the onion. When done take some tongs and put the foil package in a bowl to serve. I use two layers of foil so moving the onion around on the grill won't poke a hole in the foil and allow the juices to run out.

i need to stop visiting this forum late at night after drinking etc. that looks delicious! :shocked: next time you guys all get together..let me know and i'll bring some food! hah

There's wild white asparagus here. I'll have to take a trip out to the desert (ok...further out) in late spring to find some.

Back