• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Finally - no viniger and it's grrrrrreat!

:hell:
"Kelsey’s" Hot Sauce
Puree/Liquefy
6 medium jalapeño chili peppers
6 medium habanera chili peppers
6 medium yellow chili peppers
1 medium red onion
1 head of garlic cloves
20 medium radishes
½ Cup yellow mustard
1 Cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbls sea salt

When completely pureed/liquefied pour into microwave safe heating container, I use an 8 cup Pyrex measuring cup.

Cook in microwave as follows, power on high, cook 4 minutes and then stir with metal spoon, cook another 4 minutes and then stir and refrigerate. When cold store in sealed container in refrigerator.

2 KEY POINTS – MAJOR Warning’s
Avoid getting the chili’s juice [from cutting] on your skin and breathing/smelling the vapors/steam [from cooking in the microwave!

Commentary: I am not sure how long or even if this hot sauce can be stored out on the table, but the acid content is high, it has salt like Tabasco sauce, but no vinegar or preserves. So if you find out or know let me know! I’d love to keep a bottle of it on the table!

Welcome.

I don't see how that sauce is good cooked in the microwave. I know for a fact all that does is create steamy mush and none of the flavors come together. Needs to be cooked down on the stove.

it does look pretty good. but yeah I'd probably cook the stuff. radishes eh? I've never had a sauce with those in it. I'll have to try that out.

what are the "yellow" chili peppers? i'm thinking I'd probably double up on the Habs too.

Very interesting recipe. The cup of lemon juice should provide the acidity you need. Also, the mustard probably has vinegar in it too. If you leave it out on the kitchen table and it starts to smell funny, or if it bubbles(ferments), it's probably past it's prime.
oh, and welcome from west Texas!
where in CA are you?

Back