HI!

i'm a seasoned eater of the hot stuff, but a right nOOb when it comes to the cultivation. this year has been a giant learning curve, as i've grown nearly 100 chile plants across 12 or so varieties, mostly seed grown, and some seedling garden shop basics. i germed my seeds to late (may) so the really interesting stuff isn't going to be ready this year, but i'll keep some selected ones over winter for a good early start to 2010.

i'm based in london, uk, and i've been growing in basic shop fertiliser mixed 60/40 with perlite and a handful of blood fish and bone meal per tub. most plants liked it, but some didn't! i think those that didn't were too young for the power soil.

favourite variety in my garden thus far: cheyenne, followed by apache and good old jalepeno! the scotch bonnets are just ripening, so i think they'll speed to first spot soon!

one thing's for sure... i'll grow chile until i'm dead from now on in... it's been and is still an absolute pleasure.

-g-

-g- said:
one thing's for sure... i'll grow chile until i'm dead from now on in... it's been and is still an absolute pleasure.

-g-

From now on you belong to the group of people who look at the garden before they ask about the number of bedrooms when looking for a new home.

Welcome from Sweden!

MrArboc said:
From now on you belong to the group of people who look at the garden before they ask about the number of bedrooms when looking for a new home.

It's scary how true that actually is...I had to laugh when reading this cause that's exactly what was happening when my ex and I were looking at houses she would walk inside and I would go straight into the back yard. She would come out and say the house was nice and I would already be back in the car cause the back yard was horrible....:D

Hello and Welcome from Australia mate...

Welcome from Ohio, USA. This is a great site and you can soak everything you need to cultivate your hot sources from hanging around here.

You say you're a n00b? I think you could teach me and a few other people here a lot of things, so you're not the real noob here.
Welcome from Romania.

moyboy said:
It's scary how true that actually is...I had to laugh when reading this cause that's exactly what was happening when my ex and I were looking at houses she would walk inside and I would go straight into the back yard. She would come out and say the house was nice and I would already be back in the car cause the back yard was horrible....:D

This is true! I'm ready to make my wife an X, if she doesn't give me her part of the garden for my plants. But, anyways welcome, from Oakland California.

Back