• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Stick It! Official Thread

Best Food On A Stick?

• ImpyChick's Scotch Egg On A Stick

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Blister's Chicken-Tater-Stick (didn't see a name)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • texas blues' Chicken Fried Punji Steak

• moyboy's Chilli Mango Chicken On A Rosemary Branch (aka Pippy's Chick-O-Stick)

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • ImpyChick's Spiked Coffee On A Stick

• chilehunter's CornPoppers

• moyboy's Violet Crumble Cheese Cake Balls

• ring sting's Sky Rocket Chicken

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • frydad4's Florida Key Lime Lobster With Beercicle

• SumOfMyBits' Spicy Conch Fritters On A Bread Stick With Red Rum Sauce (aka Conch Balls Of Fire)

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • QuadShotz's Buffalo Meat Pies On-A-Stick

• Noshownate's Smokey Sticken Dog

• THP's Pig In A Pretzel (aka Kevorkian Pretzel)

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • texas blues' Cheezy Chix Roulade's On A Crutch

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Stick It! Begins!

Entries must be named!

Entries must be designed to be eaten on the stick, not cooked on a stick and slid off. Think "corndog" and use your imagination. Anything goes!

Please be considerate with pics. One post with prep pics or teasers, and one post (or back to back posts) with the finished pics.

Begin!

Ends in 72 hours.

Impy's Scotch Egg on a Stick:

stickit001.jpg

Yes, since I'm still trying to watch what I eat, I used a mixture of pork sausage & ground turkey.

Scotch eggs wrapped, egg washed, & coated in flour about to go into the oven. I didn't want the sticks to char, so I added them during the last 15 minutes of baking.

stickit.jpg

Final product w/ mustard, pickled jals, & Guinness. This was my first time making these & they turned out better than they look!

stickit003.jpg

Entry #2 coming tomorrow...

Wow that was fast Impy! I haven't seen scotch eggs in forever. And on a stick 'ta boot! Excellent job and extra kudo's for the Guinny.

Salute', TB.

Thanx TB!! I got off work early today so I've been slaving away on these babies, and my #2 entry which requires freezing. That'll be ready tomorrow :).

I guess I can go ahead & post my teaser pic for tomorrow's entry...

Impy's Spiked Coffee on a Stick:

stickit002.jpg

(Can you tell I've had a lot of time on my hands this afternoon?)

NOOO WAAAYYY! Coffee on a stick!?!? i think I shall FAIL this throwdown miserably. Any previous ideas I had are all dying a slow death.

FAIL, TB.

Oh wait! I've got an idea... Now all I'll need is a paperclip, a bubblegum wrapper and an electric cattle prod...

Scotch Egg-On-A-Stick is brilliant!

I've said all along the gal had it goin' on! THP you got it 100% right.....the scotch egg on a stick is BRILLIANT!

As I do my best work after 472 hoskey's or so, I'll wait till later this eve to try and throw something evil together. As my witchdoctor is out of town, I'll be consulting an oriental kung fu master, Rei Xing Dong.

Salute', TB.

You gents are making me blush :oops:. I'm really looking forward to seeing more food on a stick! I'm having a blast w/ this. I just hope my spiked coffee is ready to nurse my hangover tomorrow :lol:.

SumOfMyBits said:
Cooking on/with and eating off of an electric cattle prod is highly recommended by many avant-garde chefs.

actually I was waiting for someone to come up with a dish that was so irresistible, so delectable and toothsome that I would wow them with my collection of paperclips and bubblegum wrapper, but while they were admiring said items I would zap them with the cattle prod and steal the dish, post pictures as my own and win the throwdown. I couldn't bring myself to do that to Impy and none of the others have posted anything yet so I decided that I'd just come up with my own food-on-a-stick idea.

I'll give you a hint. It involves a potato, an apple corer, chicken breast, fresh ground black pepper, butter, DefCon 1, black-forest ham, cayenne pepper, garlic, provolone cheese and oregano. It's hot off the BBQ and cooling right now...

Ok! I finished eating my food on a stick and have resized the photos. I'm not sure what I'm going to call it just yet, but I'm going to post it anyways!

Got some potato wrapped around the chicken which in turn wraps around a slice of ham that is seasoned with garlic, fresh ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, provolone cheese and oregano. The whole thing is rolled and impaled with a stick. It's sprayed with some EVOO then it's onto the BBQ until the chicken is cooked and the tater is crisp. In the meantime it's basted with butter and Defcon1 sauce. Oh yea, if you heat DefCon sauce with butter in the microwave, be prepared to get pepper sprayed when you open the door!

Shot of the food on a stick

foodonastick.jpg

Shot of half eaten food on a stick

foodonastick002.jpg

So basically food on a stick is the same as a Kabob? I'm having a hard time seeing the differences...Oh, well...I still don't have any ideas that isn't a Kabob type meal.

Hum...Maybe I still can enter this throwdown afterall. I'm going to have to do some thinking tonight as I do some drinking. That's what I call multi tasking. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back