• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Seven Pod Sauce Anyone?

I'm fairly new to the sauce game and would like to make a sauce with a bunch of Seven Pod peppers I picked yesterday. I believe the strain is what is called on this forum "the Brain Strain". In the past 2 weeks I have made sauces from the following peppers: Australian Lantern, Chocolate Habanero, Congo Brown, White Bullet and Scotch Bonnet. The Chocolate Hab sauce is the hottest by far. All the sauces were made with the following ingredients: Onions, carrots, garlic, lemon juice and white vinegar. I'm still waiting for a large enough harvest of my Fatali, Red Hab, Yellow Hab and Chocolate Fatali to make sauce.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a sauce with the Seven Pods? I will try and post pictures of the Seven Pods today.

Welcome to THP! Where in LI are you?

What you've been doing sounds like my go to homemade sauce except i use lime juice instead of lemon. Maybe try something fruitier? I've been liking the pineapple based sauces i've been making.

Thanks for the welcome UnNatural. I live out by Stony Brook University but work in Manhattan. I would like to see some of your pineapple based sauces. This is my third year growing chile peppers and I'm trying to figure out which varieties I prefer, so I've grown about 20 different chiles. Any reason to use lime instead of lemon juice?

That's big commute! I used to date a girl that went to Stonybrook. You take the LIRR in? What part of Manhattan you work?

Just a preference, i like the taste better. Looks like you got some major heat on your grow list.

If they are true 7 Pod chiles you should only be able to use just a few in each batch of hot sauce. I have also been using more pineapple based sauces but I am thinking of using both carrots and pineapple next round. I usually never get enough of just one type of chile so many of my sauces are a combination of 20 different peppers, just a few 7 Pods to kick up the heat. I have adopted the brain strain name for the 7 Pod seed I have shared with many members of this forum so I can track its distribution, so unless the seed came from me last year it is just a 7 Pot pepper. Pics of your pods might help. Welcome to THP.

Back