• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce EL Yucateco Chile Habanero Hot Sauce

hotsauceworld_1916_17076051

Ingredients: Habanero Pepper, Vinegar, Tomato, Salt, Spices.

I went to the Downtown Los Angeles market and found this little gem. It has an "Original Mayan Recipe" and only cost me $1.50! Its made out of green (unripe) habaneros so I didn't have high hopes for this sauce, but I was delightfully surprised at its heat and flavor.

Its got a nice bit to it and when used in copious amountswill leave your tongue hurting. What ever spices they use blends extremely well with the habs and gives this sauce the right balance of flavor and heat. A nice bonus is the consistency, its thick.

Yeah, El Yucateca is the first real hot sauce I ever tried many years ago. Good stuff for the money.

That looks like a more natural color. The green one they do has food color and is this crazy neon green!

chuk hell said:
That looks like a more natural color. The green one they do has food color and is this crazy neon green!
I actually saw that one at the taco place next door to the marker. I ordered a burrito and decided to try that one...ugh...neon grean is right, they added green and BLUE food color! Insanity I say!

chuk hell said:
Yeah, El Yucateca is the first real hot sauce I ever tried many years ago. Good stuff for the money.

You should see what the green one does to chicken....makes them look very unappetizing

I commented on that about a month ago they also have a 3X hotter version as a matter of fact just had some on my Del Taco.
Love That Stuuf.

El Yucateco is some great stuff a couple years back we had a booth next to them and the employees traded us loads of stuff my favorite was a 4 pack of habanero sauces it had caribbean, xxxtra hot a green habanero sauce and another brownish red habanero sauce actually they gave us enough that we're still having some.
I liked everyone I tried even the neon green one. The XXXtra is real good also. The caribbean is a carrot based sauce that I really like.I like habanero sauces what can I say.

Mick
Kato's

Allow me to rephrase myself....i didn't mean it to sound like i didn't like the stuff...i LOVE the stuff. It's just the neon green stuff tends to make some foods kind of funny-looking, thats all.

ross said:
did you buy this in a specialty market, or just a normal grocery store?
I went to the Downtown Los Angeles market, small shops there (almost liek a farmer's market). You can order these off the net too.

I just bought two (One for my boy) the other day.It has been a fave of mine for a long time. I buy it at a mexican restaurant supply store here. Of course yesterday I also received my Two...twice the size (8oz)and 25% hotter than ever before (Drumroll Please) DEFCON #1's. "Two 1's do make it Right" :-) whoooooohoo.
Hey Mullet, I showed my son your Naga pix and he was completely crackin up, way too funny. He thought it was snot (btw) but he snot an expert.

Hillbilly Chili said:
Hey Mullet, I showed my son your Naga pix and he was completely crackin up, way too funny.
Thanks! I've been getting a ton of feedback on that one, it went over quite well! I'm pleased I put myself through the pain of that one, it was well worth it.

Hillbilly Chili said:
but he snot an expert.
:lol: ;)

Actually, down here, you can buy the El Yucateco neon green sauce in 7-11...although, they rip you off for the stuff($5.99 a bottle!)

Hillbilly Chili said:
That is a rip dude. !1.99 here in CO
Next time you want some, I'll just mail you a few bottles.
I go to the small mexican markets here(lots of migrant workers here ya know) and pick it up for about the same as you. But thanks for the offer anyways:D

I don't know about weddington, but in the Thomasville area, I buy this stuff at Food Lion.

Just look around a little. If your local supermarket doesn't carry it, look around for a "Tienda"

Frank

ross said:
did you buy this in a specialty market, or just a normal grocery store?

Walmart sells it with in the Mexican section (not with the other hor sauces) for $1.17 a bottle.

The Caribean and XXXHot (Mayan) are also artificial color free, for those who are offended.

I agree with everyone else, I love the stuff and it does have more bang for your buck than almost anything out there.

fdaniels said:
I don't know about weddington, but in the Thomasville area, I buy this stuff at Food Lion.

Just look around a little. If your local supermarket doesn't carry it, look around for a "Tienda"

Frank

theres a bunch of food lions near by. actually i have to get my oil changed on friday, and theres a food lion about 1/4 mile away. ill walk down there to pass the time. great tip, thanks

Back