76 replies to this topic

#61 Sickmont

Sickmont

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,419 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:59 AM

Just found El Yucateca Chipotle sauce, it was damn good.

Oh, hell yeah it is. It and the Bufalo chipotle sauce are awesome. It's not hot at all, though(however, a few good drops of jersey death mixed in will certainly correct that oversight).

All grown up and still fascinated by nipples

#62 rlslmshdy

rlslmshdy

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

I love these sauces also. At one time I could get them here at Walmart but havent seen them, there in a while. They also put them on the tables at most our Mexican restaurants here.
At the local restaurant I frequent I ask them for a hotter salsa. They go in the back and bring out a greenish salsa that is clearly just their salsa mixed probably 6040 with green El Yucateco. I love it.

#63 chilehunter

chilehunter

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,092 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:48 PM

I agree that the el yucateca chipotle & bufalo chipotle sauces are great tasting! the el yucateca is better though IMO.
great for using as steak or burger sauce.

#64 cheezydemon

cheezydemon

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,785 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:34 AM

GREEN is so.....GREEN!!!!!;)

some gotenborg fromage rape with white people....

They are ornemental but usable....for Saaz subsatustions.

#65 r3p3t3

r3p3t3

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:28 PM

i knew there would be a thread about this stuff on here. i love el yucateco, ESPECIALLY the green. it's perfect on chicken and aside from the coloring ingredients, it seems to be fairly simple and straightforward with a great habanero flavor. has anyone here tried to replicate this stuff? if so, i'd love the recipe.

#66 capsidadburn

capsidadburn

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

Yes the green is it! I lather up a plain hot dog in it and my family runs in horror. Ha!

Mike

#67 ajijoe

ajijoe

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,211 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

ah yes "KUTBIL IK DEE"!! MAYAN RECIPE

HAD IT AGAIN JUST RECENTLY AT MY FAVORITE MEXICAN RESTAURANT WITH "POLO TAPATIO", ITS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST TASTING PRODUCTION SAUCES OUT THERE

IT LOOKS LIKE BABY VOMIT BUT IT TASTES ALMOST LIKE A FRESH HAB

oh sorry i was shouting didn't realize it

there green sauce is so green it looks like it has been stored near a nuclear reactor.i dont think its as good as the Mayan recipe (IMHO)

another good one is "CARIBBEAN HEAT" DEFIANTLY A GREAT PRODUCTION SAUCE its a very appetizing sauce for presentation and flavor, if you never had it try it and prepare to be impressed

i make my own sauces so i know what im looking for these two have it

thanks your friend ajijoe

NEVER BE ASHAMED OF SCARS,IT JUST MEANS YOU WHERE STONGER THAT WHATEVER IT WAS THAT TRIED TO HURT YOU

#68 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,563 posts
  • aka:D3
  • (x6)

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Bumping an old thread but after milling about the hotsauce isle for a bit I decided to grab a bottle of the Mayan El Yucateca. I've had the neon green one and wasn't impressed but this particular one was pleasantly surprising. Honestly reminded me of LDHS black label minus some of the heat. Very good sauce i'm happy with the purchase. Much better than a lot of commercial sauces I've been trying lately. 

D0AB11EC-EFB2-4182-8F08-E0ED8A63846A.jpg

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#69 ShortcutToHell

ShortcutToHell

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:03 PM

^^^^^^LOVE this stuff!!!!!^^^^^^

Purchased it for years from a Mexican market in WA, and then recently puchased a case of 12 from a local Mexican restaurant in Idaho for $1.25 each! Sweet deal. The price on Amazon is outrageous, so if you're in the market, check locally.

The green is good too.

#70 OCD Chilehead

OCD Chilehead

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,524 posts
  • aka:Chuck
  • Location:COLORADO (Western Slope) closer to Moab than Denver

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

Don't forget
OCD 2017 GLOG http://thehotpepper....63305-ocd-2017/

"There is no path to happiness: happiness is the path."

#71 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,563 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:29 PM

I was eyeballing the chipotle one as well

Find me on Instagram

Can I help it if I'm one of those fanatical TD fans?I got my #3 Demonic jersey on, my face is painted, and I cant stop yelling WOOOOOO!!

#72 ShortcutToHell

ShortcutToHell

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

Will try them in a heartbeat, if I can find them. So far, not available where I've been shopping. Will have to branch out...love to give them a whirl!

#73 LA 2 the Bay

LA 2 the Bay

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:10 AM

Don't forget

Love this sauce on my tostadas never had those 2 though must find now!!!:wub:

#74 Alchymystic

Alchymystic

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:47 AM

Just tried the Caribbean for the first time last week after spotting it while looking around the local Mexican grocer (must have overlooked all these years as I was always focused on getting the Mayan version). I really liked it..much hotter than I expected joined with great flavor! If you haven't, try it as well. The Black label goes great with beans, rustic style soups, or anything you want to have a pure full on smoke/charred flavor - don't expect any real heat though..just smoke! 

#75 Phil

Phil

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

I have a bottle of the el Yucateco Red Chile Habanero, and the flavor and heat are pretty good, but I never use it because the red food coloring is a major turn off. I don't know if they use ripe orange or green chiles to make the sauce, then use FD&C rojo 40 for color.... but they shoulda just used rojo, ripe peppers.

17323363261_e2cc80fe89_b.jpg

Edited by Phil, 30 April 2015 - 12:43 PM.

Now THAT'S what I call a Bloody Mary!!!

#76 D3monic

D3monic

On Fire!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,563 posts
  • (x6)

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

I have a bottle of the el Yucateco Red Chile Habanero, and the flavor and heat are pretty good, but I never use it because the red food coloring is a major turn off. I don't know if they use ripe orange or green chiles to make the sauce, then use FD&C rojo 40 for color.... but they shoulda just used rojo, ripe peppers.

17323363261_e2cc80fe89_b.jpg

yea that's why I don't like the green sauce either, too much food coloring. Looks gross and unnatural. That's what drew me to the mayan. Didn't have any coloring in it. 

Find me on Instagram

#77 rlslmshdy

rlslmshdy

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 11:03 PM

El Yucateco isn't the best hot sauce I've ever tasted but I like it a lot and factor in its available pretty much everywhere. That makes it my favorite.

Edited by rlslmshdy, 01 May 2015 - 12:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests