• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Whippets Tail Challenge Finale

Well with just under two weeks to go the race for the Chileman trophy could be going to Canada but its just too close to call with less than 50mm seperating the top three.

Derek has held the lead since the first round of judging back in June but there seems to be a late challenge from Luigi and Tony. With just millimeters separating the top three could one of them squeeze out a little extra and snatch the trophy?

Trophy.jpg

You can check out the leader board here:

http://www.thechileman.org/whippet_challenge.php

Mark

I'm sweating now its so close, and I don't think I'll have any bigger pods this month, but maybe(Suzie is now on steroids LOL). Nice lookin' trophy, do the peppers come with it? Who's going to steal victory in the last month and drink naga champagne from the cup?

Derek(Potawie)

POTAWIE said:
Who's going to steal victory in the last month and drink naga champagne from the cup?

I'll do the Naga champagne!

What's next year challance? I'm totally in! If it's based on pepper size, I guarentee I will win. This next year I will be growing the Whippets tail.

Potawie – Unless somones pepper grows another 51mm in the next fortnight, it looks like the cups got your name on it.

Im just in the process of finalising the details of next years competition but its going to be an absolute cracker. Hopefully Dave Dewitt (the pope of peppers himself) and the Chile pepper institute will be involved as thechileman (and its followers) attempt to break a 20 year old world record!!!

Watch this space……………

Mark

Wow, there's loads of UK growers on that list. Do you all measure and send photos of the chilis next to rulers?

Do these UK bods contribute to any forums? Invite 'em here, potawie!

One more award winners on this site. I did it with my big 12 incher (actually 30.8cm) My thanks to Mark(Darlochileman) for the seeds and the great contest. Looking forward to winning next years challenge too. LOL

sept21hv3.jpg
sept21002sm7.jpg

sept21005kz9.jpg

POTAWIE said:

One more award winners on this site. I did it with my big 12 incher (actually 30.8cm) My thanks to Mark(Darlochileman) for the seeds and the great contest. Looking forward to winning next years challenge too. LOL

sept21hv3.jpg
sept21002sm7.jpg

sept21005kz9.jpg

Congratulations!!

POTAWIE said:

sept21hv3.jpg
sept21002sm7.jpg

sept21005kz9.jpg

Sends chills down my spine with it's sheer awesomeness every time I watch it (usually around once a day), and the first thing that came to mind seeing the flag.

Grats!

Hi Potawie,

Im absolutely gutted for you - you were robbed at the last minute by less than 2mm.:)

Im trying to sort out another little trophy for you - most galliant competitor or something along that lines.

Mark

Thanks Mark, but don't worry about me. I'm over the dissapointment and I'm sure you're spending enough on shipping costs and trophy. Now I'll have to post an Italian Flag for Luigi.

Back