• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

first real sauce attempt

ok so here goes i just wanna make the amount that fits into one of these small bottles you can buy sauces in. its 350 milliliters.

sauce.jpg

peppers:
1 orange habaneros
1 thai orange
1 bulgarian carrot

non peppers:
2 carrots
1 half peach
3 or so "rings" of canned pineapple
1 half squeezed lemon
bit of ginger
bit of pineapple water from the jar
bit of salt
bit of pepper
bit of vinegar

i was thinking of chopping it all up and basically blending it then seeing how consistancy is and amount.
if i have to little to fill the bottle (which i doubt) add some more or something.

how are we looking here ?

imaguitargod said:
Looks like you need more pepers. Otherwise, good.

heh i think the heat from those will do me quite good, but its all to be learned.

actually i just simmer it and man, after putting in some more salt, sugar and lemon juice its really nice !

so, i wonder about preserving it, i have got a food thermometer, i guess ill boil my empty glass bottle + cap,
then fill the sauce into it insert the thermometer and pasteurize it ?

--> warming up the liquid till core temp is around 70-80°C and maintain it for half an hour ?
i plan on storing it in the fridge anyway.

Preserving it? That looks like ingredients (the amount) for a sauce that will last three days or one meal that is sauce covered.

thehotpepper.com said:
Preserving it? That looks like ingredients (the amount) for a sauce that will last three days or one meal that is sauce covered.

lol, aight, its funny amongst my friends i am known as the hot eater but in comparison to what some of you guys here
eat speaking amounts of chilis on meals, i appear to be a tabasco lover lolz :hell:

Back