• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Silver_Surfer's Ripe Picks 9-19-09

The rain finally slowed enough to grab a few pods today. 2LBs 7ozs
DSCN1142.jpg

My second year Naga came through for me and supplied most of these.
DSCN1145.jpg

Fataliis and Fish. It looks like the Fish spawned from all white branched ripen orange.
DSCN1146.jpg

Datils
DSCN1148.jpg

continued...

Dude, great haul. 2# 7oz is freakin great considering you just pulled some off the other day. I'm still around a pound for the season. (getting lots of daily "testers", I'm sure that's cutting into my production)

Surfer, that is indeed encouraging to the new growers of Africa!

What amazes me is the fact that unlike other fruit and veg, peppers seem to have very few blemishes, certainly in the pics on this forum. Great pics, mate!

millworkman said:
I am right there with ya man. Its rained constantly here for over a week.

This constant rain late in the season is showing me I need to add more bark fines to the mix over what was included in the commercial bag added to my potting medium mix. The soil in my pots is becoming compacted and no longer drains as well as it once did.

boutros said:
Damn, SS. You got to have like a 55 gal barrel of naga powder around somewhere by now, lol

:lol: That much powder would supply most of this forum's members for a year.

Diablo said:
Dude, great haul. 2# 7oz is freakin great considering you just pulled some off the other day. I'm still around a pound for the season. (getting lots of daily "testers", I'm sure that's cutting into my production)

Thanks! If the rain doesn't stop soon I'm facing a steep reduction in production.

huntsman said:
Surfer, that is indeed encouraging to the new growers of Africa!

What amazes me is the fact that unlike other fruit and veg, peppers seem to have very few blemishes, certainly in the pics on this forum. Great pics, mate!

Yes, my peppers are plagued by fewer pests than my other veggies, although I always have to discard a few while picking that have been marred by an undesirable. Perhaps I just selected a few varieties that are easy to grow.

I'll find out next season since I plan to plant a few more peppers.

Next year's grow list so far:

7 Pot Brain Strain
Aconcagua
Aji Amarillo
Aji Angelo
Aji Cereza
Aji de la Tierra
Aji Limo Rojo
Aji Lucento
Aji Panca
Ancho San Martin
Antillias Caribbean
Big Sun Habanero
Bih Jolokia
Bishop's Hat
Black Hungarian
Bonda Ma Jacque
Bhut Jolokia
Burkina Yellow Habanero
Burkina Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Caribbean Red
Charleston Hot
Chinense Five-Color
Chocolate Habanero
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Congo Brown
Congo Trinidad
Costeno Amarillo
Cumari o Passarinho
Datil
Dorset Naga
Fatalii
Fresno
Hot Paper Lantern
Jalapeno
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Jamaica Red Scotch Bonnet
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Joloro
Lemon Drop
Manzano Amarillo
Manzano Red
Manzano Orange
Marconi Gold
Marconi Red
Mesilla
Mucho Nacho
Mulato Isleno
Naga Morich
Nardello
Pasilla Bajio
Peru Yellow
Piment d' Espelette
Pimiento
Pimento Super Red
Polombo (PI439411)
Punjab
Purple Flash
Queen Laurie PI1281405
Red Habanero
Red Savina
Tobago Seasoning
Tobasco
Trinidad Douglah
Trinidad Scorpion
Turkish Delight
White Habanero
Yellow Habanero
Yellow Rocoto
Yellow Scorpion

we had the rain you are getting from the 11th to the 15th...I got a little over 10" in that period with 3.75 the most in one day...

get prepared, they are saying there is a large cold front coming in out here Monday night/Tuesday morning....that means it will be at your place probably next Thursday or Friday...it could bring really bad weather (tornados, hail, etc) if it moves thru Monday during the heat of the day...

Back