• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Smooth Green Sauce

I have been trying to reproduce a smooth green sauce from a little Mexican Chicken restaurant in town and think I just about got it.
Started with a cup of guacamole bought at the store in a pouch. A cup of sour cream which is what we finally decided gave it the smoot texture. Put in a splash of lime juice, a tablespoon of salt, a diced onion, a splash of cider vinegar, some garlic, a spoonful of a Poblano/Jalepeno sauce we made, a splash of Jalepeno strained sauce we made and then started blanching and adding Jalepeno and Serrano peppers until we got the heat we wanted.
It has been a blast to expieriment with all of the different peppers and we have made so many different sauces that we have put on pizza's, cheeseburgers, spaggheti and meatballs, even Hamburger Helper.
This weekend I smoked a chicken and then made a dish of Okra and peppers ( this time we used Serrano, Big Jim and some Bananna peppers cut into rings) sauteed in balsamic vineger, olive oil, soy sauce, onions, carrots, salt and pepper. We then heated up some corn tortilla's. We poured the green sauce over the chicken and dipped the tortilla's in it for an awesome meal.

Back