• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Oktoberfest Throwdown Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Yes! The Oktoberfest Throwdown is approaching.

Ingredients:

1. Sausage (from scratch) - Sausage, for this competition, is defined as any highly spiced/seasoned ground meat (or seafood) made into a link shape or similar (no patties) in a casing (any type, may be discarded before serving). This is not a ground meat competition, so the sausage must retain its classic shape, for the most part. Cutting into sections is allowed, but deconstructing to crumble on pizza is not. Let's make this all about sausage.

2. Beer - Beer must be an ingredient in the dish!!! What?? Cool! Yes, that's right. This is Oktoberfest. It must be a part of the meal, not just a beverage in the pic. Can it be in the side dish, and not the sausage? Yes! as long as it's part of the meal.

3. Hot Pepper - A hot pepper must be one of the ingredients. Duh! ;)

The rest is all up to you. Make it original!

Throwdowns start the first Friday of every month and span the weekend.

October 2 the mayhem begins!

Yup, you can use a sausage machine. Cool. Can't wait to see. I know Potawie makes sausage too. I'll have go to buy some casings and stuff from my local pork store. This will be fun!

The 3 of them fall into top 10 favourite things.. :) As I am sure alot of us here!
So maybe you could extend this one alittle, by giving more time and getting more entries ??

Did you see it's not till October 2? ;) Plenty of time to prepare.

Dude, this is the perfect contest. This one deserves at least 4 octobers per year... I don't have experience making sassage, but I might just have to try to get in on this one...

Diablo said:
Dude, this is the perfect contest. This one deserves at least 4 octobers per year... I don't have experience making sassage, but I might just have to try to get in on this one...
Me either, but I did make THE BEAST, a cylindrical burger :lol:

Like it says, the 2nd. Get some glasses. :)

thehotpepper.com said:
Yup, you can use a sausage machine. Cool. Can't wait to see. I know Potawie makes sausage too. I'll have go to buy some casings and stuff from my local pork store. This will be fun!

Pork store, THP win!!!:lol:
"Pork chops and bacon, my two favorite animals" Homer Simpson

In the thread starter you say "ground meat". Is that limited to beef and or pork or may it include turkey, chix, fish etc.?

Salute',TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back