• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Quad's Naga 4 Brainz Sauce

QuadShotz

Banned
Yeah, so named 'cuz I'm stoopid for making this...lol
I wanted a very hot but "table" kind of sauce with all my fave flavors. Used all this:

S6304370.jpg

Yes, that's a fully ripe Brain Strain 7-pot, a 3" long ripe Bhut Jolokia, Orange Habs, some bigazz Jala's, garlic, onion, about 6-8 sweet baby tomatoes and an Aussie Navel Orange.

Also in the mix are honey, rice vinegar, a pinch of five-spice powder, sea salt and pepper, a Tbs. of Cayenne powder, and about a 1/2 tsp. ea. of granulated garlic and onion powder. (adds a different depth of flavor than just the raw stuff)

Chopped it all up (using gloves for the two evil chiles!), and in the pot it all goes.

Hell YES that's gorgeous!
S6304379.jpg

Set that all to getting bubbly while I boiled some already washed bottles.

When the sauce was nice and cooked but still not mush, I carefully put it in the Blender and beat the crap outa it. :-)

Again using the rubber gloves, carefully poured into the sanitized (and freekin' hot) bottles w/ my trusty funnel and....Here we go!

(this pic is more accurate on the sauce's color)
There's like 1/2C. of extra in the tub also.
S6304381.jpg

closeup of the ebil bits
S6304387.jpg

It's beautiful.

After tasting and all, I probably ate like a TBLS+ of the stuff while making...I ended up pretty frelled, sweatin', fogged up and looking like this:

S6304389.jpg

It'll need a few days to mature, but already it's got an excellent and kinda odd burn profile.

Starts off with the cayenne/jala burns...sweet and tropical at first, then it mellows for a bit and ya can taste the sharper 7-pot/Bhut flavors, then ya get pounded for about 10mins...Wish I'd had more habs though..needs like 6-8 of 'em.

:mouthonfire:

Heheh..I like it.

Thx!

Seriously...I had no idea how EBiL that 7pot was.

I had never had fresh 7-pots before, much less a Brain Strain...it's completely insane. Thick-walled, flesh everywhere. Even the placenta is red. When I opened it, it was literally wet inside with yellow cap juice on all the walls.

I had to have like one slice of it just to try it and thought my tongue was gonna fall off...hottest thing I've ever eaten.

It's a chile designed by Satan.

I got to the shot of it simmering in the pan and felt hungry - it looks good enough to eat just like that. Nice touch wtih the orange and five spice powder too. You've got me wanting to make some more sauce!

Badger said:
I got to the shot of it simmering in the pan and felt hungry - it looks good enough to eat just like that. Nice touch wtih the orange and five spice powder too. You've got me wanting to make some more sauce!

thx!

Ya, I thought about the flavors, adn that beaut OZ Orange worked great with the sweet toms and the 7pot..which even though only 1 of 'em, about takes over the sauz..it's a beast.

QuadShotz said:
thx!

Ya, I thought about the flavors, adn that beaut OZ Orange worked great with the sweet toms and the 7pot..which even though only 1 of 'em, about takes over the sauz..it's a beast.

Where'd you get the naga and 7 pod? Are your plants producing?:P

chillilover said:
Where'd you get the naga and 7 pod? Are your plants producing?:P

Cappy and I did some barter, I got yummy pods. ;)

My plants are still growing, but no pods. Actually clearing stuff out to put 'em back under lights soon as it'll be highs of 58F in a few days adn the window will be too cold. The Fatali is like 3' high now...

Pepperfreak said:
Man, that looks like a serious sauce. I really need to get over my fear of failure and try making some sauce of my own. Good Job Quad.

Thanks!

It's really easy to make hotsauce. This only took like 30 mins. to make around 16oz of sauce using one pan and a blender.

CayenneLover said:
looks yummy bro.. Nice work.

Thx!

I tasted it again a bit ago...seems to have a much higher initial hit now..

A sharp/tangy/hurty initial hit that builds for like 30 secs...makes me suck a bit of wind. Then, it mellows out for like 20 secs, by then the nice naga burn kicks in.

With the four different kinds of hot chile, it's fun.

That's on a taste..if you're actually eating something with it on it over time...

well, you get the idea.
burning_up.gif

Thanks!

Yeah, so far everyone who's been brave enough to try it likes the flavor.

I think it's about right as you can't really taste ONE component over another. Well, sorta...the 7pod is a pretty dominant taste which is good.

A sploosh worth... ;)

Hmm, for that I think I used mebbe a bit over a tsp?
The orange was very ripe and sweet, as were the baby toms...so it didn't take much.

IDK, I just did it up to taste. I'm afraid I kinda cook using the "seat-of-pantz" method. :D

Back