• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Kato's Meaner Greener

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Sauce Reviewed: Kato's Meaner Greener
Member: Kato
By: TheHotPepper.com

This is a very flavorful hot sauce! It's not just punch, it also livens the tastebuds. It's a green sauce with a kick, and hints of garlic and spices, in a wonderful tomatillo base. The vinegar is not overbearing, it's just right, and the habaneros provide the heat.

Great on top of burritos, along with sour cream.

TheHotPepper.com

Attachments

• 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 287
I agree about the meaner greener, a very tasty green sauce with great concistancy and flavor with a good bite that keeps you coming back. I prefer it as a topping for tacos or burritos, but is good in soups and such for added kick.
Marv

Meaner Greener...

I gotta admit, I really like the flavour in this one. Me being partial to habaneros doesn't hurt. We're going to have burritos for supper, so we'll be pouring it on.

I have to admit, although we've made tomatilla sauces for dinner, I never thought of making one commercially. I was really surprised at the flavour of the habaneros mixing so well with the tomatillas, we've always used the jalapeno. But I like the change this makes.

Great move Mick!

Oh and my heat scale... I was dissapointed to find the sauce was only about a 5, I liked it, but really was expecting more heat.

T.

I'll add a quick $0.02 about this sauce here in this forum. (For more, see our blog later this month)

Can a color have a taste? This one tastes so...GREEN. Must be the tomatillos, but they offset the habanero heat so nicely without adversely affecting the taste. Not too often can you find a habanero sauce you can use as widely as ketchup, but the flavor is addicting. I poured a large swath of it over my hamburger and was quite pleased at the results. I agree with Tina about expecting a little more heat, but we chile-heads are conditioned to expect that. :)

- J

This is an excellent green sauce.

I am very impressed with all the Kato's products I've tried:

Isaland Sauce ( wife loved it...had a "curry-like" flavor)
Meaner Greener ( although very mild heat ... but great flavor)

and especially

Kato's Down Home Hot Sauce - a triumph of simplicity; just carrots, scotch bonnets and vinegar....simply amazing!

Devil,
just receive your sample, need to try it...pretty Yellow..ish like in your avatar..:P
The meaner greener is more greenish...great flavor

I told you it was good a few weeks ago! It's major good flavor and then some... I assume it's called "meaner" because we don't much get spicy green sauces... no offense, I otherwise find it sort of mild... but still, a favorite of mine flavor-wise... and I'm serious about that... the green is my favorite kato sauce...

kuz

I've resorted to making my own green sauce, as there is nothing up here but green tabasco.

Two bottles of this just got added to my next order.

thehotpepper.com said:
Sauce Reviewed: Kato's Meaner Greener
Member: Kato
By: TheHotPepper.com

This is a very flavorful hot sauce! It's not just punch, it also livens the tastebuds. It's a green sauce with a kick, and hints of garlic and spices, in a wonderful tomatillo base. The vinegar is not overbearing, it's just right, and the habaneros provide the heat.

Great on top of burritos, along with sour cream.

TheHotPepper.com
I marinated shrimp in this sauce....out of this world.

Back