• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

franks red hot....

Just curious if anyone knows a recipe that comes close to duplicating this? I've seen all the time on the internet for famous restaurant recipes etc. I didn't know if nayone had a good estimate on this 1....

nope trial and error. for a louisiana style sauce its quite thick. so lots of cayyene... but i'd say ad some habs in the mix to kick it up.
as it is franks is like a beverage.. if you can handle the viniger

N_FF said:
nope trial and error. for a louisiana style sauce its quite thick. so lots of cayyene... but i'd say ad some habs in the mix to kick it up.
as it is franks is like a beverage.. if you can handle the viniger
That's because this ain't Louisiana style. ;) Louisiana is thin and vinegary. Vinegar, peppers, salt.

If you wan't to give this a style, it's a Buffalo wing style. Made popular by Anchor Bar, in Buffalo, NY.

POTAWIE said:
I think they would have to label soy as an ingredient, especially since its an allergen

I was trying to be funny, cuz I didnt know what they use, but IMO to have natural butter flavor I'd just use butter for butter flavor.
I know that might sound crazy :crazy:

imaguitargod said:
More over, I am suprised no one has asked this yet. Why in The Almighty Platypus' Green Earth would you want to try to make something as aweful as Frank's Red hot?

I kinda like the stuff. This and tabasco's chipotle sauce are always on hand for me.

imaguitargod said:
More over, I am suprised no one has asked this yet. Why in The Almighty Platypus' Green Earth would you want to try to make something as aweful as Frank's Red hot?

Thank you! I had the same question.

Did the new moderators make you go to the end of the line?

If he likes it he likes it... come on guys. Frank's is a basic cayenne sauce. Carry on please.

Back