• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

E.Z. Earl and some Stuff

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
I've got an autographed bottle of E.Z. Earl's Blazin-Hot Stuff... that's right, "Stuff"! :) This may turn into a rare collectible! :onfire: Actually, I hope it doesn't. I'm rooting for him to keep the "Stuff".

thehotpepper.com said:
I've got an autographed bottle of E.Z. Earl's Blazin-Hot Stuff... that's right, "Stuff"! :) This may turn into a rare collectible! :) Actually, I hope it doesn't. I'm rooting for him to keep the "Stuff".

Ah, yes - well as I said yesterday on the "TRADEMARK BULLY" thread, the chessgame is going along nicely from a pragmatic point of view. The bad news is that it looks like I will have to throw "Stuff" under the bus!

The good news is 2-fold: 1 - Any of you with an autographed 1st run bottle will have the only run with "Stuff" labels. 2 - Mark and I did a quick run down on a random sampling of a thousand of our sample request forms and discovered over 70% of the inquiries used the word "Sauce" - not "Stuff" - anyway. My marketing experince leads me to believe that is probably what I should have called it in the first place instead of trying to be cute. (Although my horse BLAZE thinks I'm cute.) That appears to be what the Wicked Ogre of the Midwest and I are going to settle on as a deal. No final word yet. Stay tunned.

Thank you people for all the support on this. It is nice to have friends around you when you are confronting an enemy!!! :) - E.Z.

Yo THP - what about this idea?

thehotpepper.com said:
I've got an autographed bottle of E.Z. Earl's Blazin-Hot Stuff... that's right, "Stuff"! ;) This may turn into a rare collectible! :P Actually, I hope it doesn't. I'm rooting for him to keep the "Stuff".

Well, if you read my "Ogre" thread you know that that it is now a rarer collectable. What do you think of the new tradmark reading: E.Z. Earl's Blazin'Hot Sauce "The good stuff!":D

Ok EZ....now I'm startin to worry here...I dont care about the "sauce v/s stuff" or even the autograph (with all do respect of course) Just tell me I can still get more of "it" please:-)
An autographed bottle would be cool though. Please and thank you

Hillbilly Chili said:
Ok EZ....now I'm startin to worry here...I dont care about the "sauce v/s stuff" or even the autograph (with all do respect of course) Just tell me I can still get more of "it" please:-)
An autographed bottle would be cool though. Please and thank you

Oh, it will always be available under some "E.Z. Earl's ....." name. When you decide to place your next order call Jeff at 800-332-1714 (or Mark) and tell them to have me sign one of the bottles for you (1st run of course!) In fact, I'll pull one aside and hold it for you like I am one for Dreamtheatrevt.

Sure pleased you are enjoying it. I'll talk to you later about a few good words I can post on my web site as "feedback". - E.Z.

Ok….So I just called the number and it sounds like you let Jeff and Mark sleep at night….grrrrrrr…………………………..patience is a virtue, I know.
Do I get the same result online, or do I need to wait until your guys are back at it Monday?
I’m ordering CHRISTmas gifts for my Son and neighbors and EZ’s stuff/sauce will be packaged with DEFCON 1 and (I need to plead with Marco) Marco’s “should be famous” Hot Salsa.
Wow I wish I lived by me………What a great gift to receive

Hillbilly Chili said:
Ok….So I just called the number and it sounds like you let Jeff and Mark sleep at night….grrrrrrr…………………………..patience is a virtue, I know.
Do I get the same result online, or do I need to wait until your guys are back at it Monday?
I’m ordering CHRISTmas gifts for my Son and neighbors and EZ’s stuff/sauce will be packaged with DEFCON 1 and (I need to plead with Marco) Marco’s “should be famous” Hot Salsa.
Wow I wish I lived by me………What a great gift to receive

Patience - patience, my hillbilly friend. The business is down for the weekend, but Monday things will be buzzin' again. Provided everyone survived the nasty flu that has wiped out the staff! - :shocked: - E.Z.

E.Z. Earl said:
Well, if you read my "Ogre" thread you know that that it is now a rarer collectable. What do you think of the new tradmark reading: E.Z. Earl's Blazin'Hot Sauce "The good stuff!":D
It's okay. Honestly, I liked Blazin-Hot Stuff, because to me this is a BBQ sauce that can be used on many things, not a traditional "hot sauce". I guess "Blazin-Hot Sauce" works the way you have it worded, so it doesn't look like Blazin "Hot Sauce". Make sure you keep it hypenated that way.

thehotpepper.com said:
It's okay. Honestly, I liked Blazin-Hot Stuff, because to me this is a BBQ sauce that can be used on many things, not a traditional "hot sauce". I guess "Blazin-Hot Sauce" works the way you have it worded, so it doesn't look like Blazin "Hot Sauce". Make sure you keep it hypenated that way.

Yes, that was behind the selection of "stuff", but I knew Schwann's reputation of being a wealthy bully so I was prepared for a ram. This was the most expeditious and cost-effective way to go. If it had been the Blazin'-Hot term I would have had to take a more aggressive approach. The quality of the sauce will prevail, I believe.

Had a beer with "Angry Pepper in Portland last night. We got a chance to discuss all the BLOG profiles in depth, which was most interesting :!: Ryan is a pretty sharp chilihead. - E.Z.

Back