• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Stuff It! Oktoberfest Throwdown Official Thread

Who made the best sausage meal?

• chilliman's Big Bertha Giant Beer Bun & Skinless Chilli Dog

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • moyboy's Red Hot Chipotle Oktoberfest Sausages

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • frydad4's Oktoberfest Sausage Blow

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Quadshotz's Spicy Steak Snausages

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AlabamaJack's Spicy Ziti a la Texas (aka Spaghetti Western)

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • SumOfMyBits' The Old College Try

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • POTAWIE's Schlachtplatte

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • texas blues' Chorizo del Mar Po' Boy w/ Bacon Beer Cheese Soup

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Begin!

Ingredients:

1. Sausage (from scratch) - Sausage, for this competition, is defined as any highly spiced/seasoned ground meat (or seafood) made into a link shape or similar (no patties) in a casing (any type, may be discarded before serving). This is not a ground meat competition, so the sausage must retain its classic shape, for the most part. Cutting into sections is allowed, but deconstructing to crumble on pizza is not. Let's make this all about sausage.

2. Beer - Beer must be an ingredient in the dish!!! What?? Cool! Yes, that's right. This is Oktoberfest. It must be a part of the meal, not just a beverage in the pic. Can it be in the side dish, and not the sausage? Yes! as long as it's part of the meal.

3. Hot Pepper - A hot pepper must be one of the ingredients. Duh! ;)

Rules

1. One meal only this time!

2. Make it and stuff it all yourself.

3. Please post one prep pic only, or one post with prep pics (teaser).

4. You must name your meal, and post a finished pic (in one post) by 7:00 PM ET Sunday (48 hrs.)! Poll will follow shortly after.

Use courtesy if exceeding photo limits.

Unfortunately I am out for this one as well. I have to go to bed very early and head three hours away at 5 am to help my grandmother (81 yrs) move. She is moving about five more hours north to live a few blocks from my aunt in Niagara Falls, NY. Good luck to all. I will look forward to the pics.

JayT said:
Unfortunately I am out for this one as well. I have to go to bed very early and head three hours away at 5 am to help my grandmother (81 yrs) move. She is moving about five more hours north to live a few blocks from my aunt in Niagara Falls, NY. Good luck to all. I will look forward to the pics.

I know how ya' feel Jay. Just last week my mother calls me up. She's 75 years old right..and she calls me up to borrow 10 dollars for some food! WTF? I told her...10 bucks? Hey I WORK for a livin' for cryin' out loud! What am I a welfare state? Anyway I told she could pay it back if she hauled my barbells and weights up to the attic. The nerve of some people....

Salute',TB.

I tried to explain that it was SausageFest weekend, but she insisted that she had to move. Damn her. :lol: I was supposed to be leaving tonight to head up there, but that changed to tomorrow morning at the last minute, or I could have done something tonight. Oh well. I ate some bbq'd kielbasa tonight in y'all's honor.

Where's POTAWIE, chilliman, and the gang that was all excited about this?

chilehunter said:
most likely doing prep work & getting drunk at the same time :lol:

What do you mean by getting drunk? Am drunk! I have some stuff in the works that will scare the shite out of other forums!

Salute',TB.

moyboy said:
i'm getting all the ingredients listed and heading to the supermarket to get everything I need......:)

You haven't shopped for the stuff yet? You've only known for what....a month? FAIL! Nova reset the meter!

Salute', TB.

texas blues said:
You haven't shopped for the stuff yet? You've only known for what....a month? FAIL! Nova reset the meter!

Salute', TB.

NO!!!!!

I have had all the stuff but made spaghetti bolognaise last night just for the hell of it and used a few of the things I need for the throwdown......:) So no Fail!!!

Unfortunately I'm also going to have to sit on the side lines for this one. I have to work all weekend and won't have time to play :(

Waiting to see if it works out. Should be taking final pics soon
Here are the prep shots and ingredients:

here is PREP post:
YET UNNAMED: will have one when I eat it, in a few hours.
P10103692.jpg

MEAT:
Beef, Lamb, Pork mince mix (home made)
Bacon Mince (home made)

ON BOARD TOP TO BOTTOM LEFT TO RIGHT>
Spanish onion
red capsicum
Oven roasted garlic and herbs - ( 20mins in high oven )
dehydrated jalapeno
chilpotile jalepeno

Sauces:
Ghost pepper sauce
THSC After burner is for after on top.
ANTJAN - Musthab

SPICES:
All spice
Oregano
Basil
Jamacian Jerk seasoning

EXTRA CHILLI:
My Bhut spice
cayenne
paprika
birdseye powder.
Ancho powder

BEER - Carlton Draught

CASEING - ALUMINIUM FOIL
P10103722.jpg

Cooked on the UDS !!! with dry herbs and oak chips

My GIANT Beer hot dog roll: Also on its way !

P10103712.jpg

Nice start! Looking forward to the plating. How did you work the beer in?

chilehunter said:
most likely doing prep work & getting drunk at the same time :lol:
:)
thehotpepper.com said:
Nice start! Looking forward to the plating. How did you work the beer in?

a dash in the sausage when makeing to lubricate things,
As well as it was subsituted for some of the milk in bread recipe. I have made beer bread before and its really good !

thehotpepper.com said:
Begin!

in a casing (any type, may be discarded before serving

Noshownate said:
really hope i can get in on this one! looking good chili. aluminum foil caseing?

Looks like he'll pass....:)
So far Chilliman's is my choice. It's not just because it's the only one.... honest... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back