• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Looking to make a pineapple hot sauce.

I want to make a hot sauce with about 15 large yellow 7 pods but need to know how much pineapple to add? Also I need to know about how much vinegar to add so it keeps in the fridge? I don't want it to be too sweet, just a slightly sweet and mainly hot flavour. Also should I use fresh or canned pineapple?

fresh is better but canned would be alright to use.
ammount of pineapple depends on what you're looking for & what other ingredients you use. I'd only use about 1/4th ammount of pineapple of chile ammount, at most.

if just pineapple,chiles,vinegar....you should look into some more ingredients for more flavor.
ammount of vinegar depends on ph level, or salt, i usually just guessed to correct ammount but now I want to get a ph tester before I make my next batch of hot sauce.

chilehunter said:
fresh is better but canned would be alright to use.
ammount of pineapple depends on what you're looking for & what other ingredients you use. I'd only use about 1/4th ammount of pineapple of chile ammount, at most.

if just pineapple,chiles,vinegar....you should look into some more ingredients for more flavor.
ammount of vinegar depends on ph level, or salt, i usually just guessed to correct ammount but now I want to get a ph tester before I make my next batch of hot sauce.

What else would go good with yellow 7 pods, apple cider vinegar and pineapple?

theres alot of things that could go good with pineapple, theres some canned pineapple mixes with other fruit check into that or what other kind of fruit do you like ? it could be endless given the obvious & not so obvious.
anything will go with the 7pots.

The last one I made was one whole pineapple skined and cored, sugar, apple cider vinegar, 30 orange habs, and for some reason apple pie spice, which my girlfriend put in because she thought it would be good and it turned out really good. I try to use fresh fruit when I can, but I swear anytime I use canned fruit for anything it has a metallic taste.

Back