Demonic Pumpkin Seed Stout

I am changing up my annual roasted pumpkin seed ale.

I usually do a pale ale with a hint of cinnamon and roasted pumpkin seeds.

This year, I am doing a roasty stout chock full of roasted pumpkin seed.

Also I am only doing 3 gallons of it with a fairly high expected ABV (alchohol by volume).

8 lbs pale 6 row
1/2 lb crystal 60L
1/2 lb roasted barley
1/2 lb de-bittered black malt
1 lb rolled oats
1 lb dark brown sugar

1 oz glacier hops 60 min

Dry "seeded" (secondaried) 2 lbs or so of pumpkin seeds roasted with cinnamon and brown sugar and a hint of nutmeg and allspice.

The pale ale was great, but I think the almost burnt cinnamon and spices would benefit a stout more!

*Iggy! If you rip off my recipe, you will have to go in with me to open a brewery, funded primarilly by you!;)*

I brewed the roasty stout last weekend (thanks Tony 05 and Steve), I am sure it will be great.

With the leftover specialty grains and some minor additions, the pumpkin seed stout will be much different.

....hmmmmmm....yes....this is getting serious!More off topic rant!!!!

Let me prescribe you some topical cream for that....;)

no i didn't get a new bread machine :_(. but i did save a load of monney on my car insurance by switching to geico (lie). my father used our breadmachine last week, and its yield was grand. I think we used too much slop in our's.

Fr0tran said:
ha, sorry...went a few months off the board :'( . i'm doing better now though.

Lol.

:cheers:

I tossed the seeds into the primary last night, after primary fermentation.

That should have the same effect, but less pumpkin particles in the final brew.

im curious as to why you say only 8lbs of 6 row, a pound of sugar, and a pound of oats will give you a high ABV

I do a barleywine with 17lbs of marris otter, starting gravity usually comes out to 1.110 or so, that to me is high ABV

when are you brewing this lovely thing? I grew a pumpkin patch this year and plan on doing it again next year. I would love to add this brew to my nexts years batch!

I am brewing some apple wine here at the house and would love to do a trade!

I am changing up my annual roasted pumpkin seed ale.

I usually do a pale ale with a hint of cinnamon and roasted pumpkin seeds.

This year, I am doing a roasty stout chock full of roasted pumpkin seed.

Also I am only doing 3 gallons of it with a fairly high expected ABV (alchohol by volume).

8 lbs pale 6 row
1/2 lb crystal 60L
1/2 lb roasted barley
1/2 lb de-bittered black malt
1 lb rolled oats
1 lb dark brown sugar

1 oz glacier hops 60 min

Dry "seeded" (secondaried) 2 lbs or so of pumpkin seeds roasted with cinnamon and brown sugar and a hint of nutmeg and allspice.

The pale ale was great, but I think the almost burnt cinnamon and spices would benefit a stout more!

*Iggy! If you rip off my recipe, you will have to go in with me to open a brewery, funded primarilly by you!:lol:*

Back