• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November Throwdown - Comfort Food, 2 Sides!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
The November Throwdown is comfort food with two sides. This will be interesting, because everyone has a different comfort food. If you don't know what comfort food is, it's basically hearty food that just makes you feel good, made with simple cooking methods (think mom's cooking). If you still don't know, look up soul food. And definitley don't "foo foo" it up. That ain't comfort food! Comfort food is ugly. :lol: Be creative though.

On this one you have to decide if it's comfort food, and let the voters decide. As long as you have a meal with two sides.

All ya'll have to ask yourself's is....what was the goodness your grandma or mom made for you that you couldn't ever refuse. Pot roast? Meatloaf? Lasagna? And yes...even soup! Spaghetti? Or just steak and potatos? It's all good. Now all you have to do is convince US!

SOunds fun, the Aussie comfort food will be different from you guys ;)
Can you say WINTER or SUMMER comfort food. ? This is very different for us IMO.

chilliman said:
SOunds fun, the Aussie comfort food will be different from you guys ;)
Can you say WINTER or SUMMER comfort food. ? This is very different for us IMO.

Ain't no "out of season" comfort food. Fried chicken with mac & cheese and mustard greens are an all year 'thang. BBQ ain't just for summer either. Cook it up...hot, brown, and lots of it!

You guys that don't know comfort food are gonna have to just let the judges decide. Some will get it, some won't. But no ones gonna tell ya what to cook! :)

:mope::lol: True ..
But I dont cook certain comfort foods for dinner; during summer we probably wont cook soup, and during winter we probably wouldn't make ice cream.
And considering its hot, and you guys are cold. If we put up ice cream.... and its minus degree over there NOBODY will vote for ice cream it will be the soup or fried hot chicken.

It was just a thought, but I think we Aussies just have to keep that in mind. :)

If you made Naga Ice Cream, it might work :P

Hmmm, if I had time, I'd join this one. I make some pretty impressive stews. Sides? who needs sides? everything goes into the pot! Okay, if I end up having time, where do I find the rules on this throwdown thang?

chilliman said:
And considering its hot, and you guys are cold. If we put up ice cream.... and its minus degree over there NOBODY will vote for ice cream it will be the soup or fried hot chicken.

Considering the number of aussies here... I don't think you have to worry... :lol:

imaguitargod said:
WTF?!?!?! What happened to Pumpkin Throwdown! I call party foul!

I was going to win it with my The Source Pupkin Pie!

Not a whole lot you can do with punkin's. Punkin beer. Punkin pie. That's about it. Anything else with punkin would be too much weirdness.

texas blues said:
Not a whole lot you can do with punkin's. Punkin beer. Punkin pie. That's about it. Anything else with punkin would be too much weirdness.
Pumpkin Soup, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin underwear, pumpkin bread, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin muffins.........come on!

imaguitargod said:
Pumpkin Soup, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin underwear, pumpkin bread, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin muffins.........come on!

Why don't you just shut your punkin pie hole!!!!

Hahahaha...I just had to say that....well...for no reason whatsoever..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back