• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

upside down leaves?

What does this mean?

not my picture, looks like this though..

Peppers_upsidedown.jpg

I've had that happening too. No idea why, but if my memory serves me correctly it usually happens during hardening off?

My Bell Pepper did the exact same thing is that a bell. I can't answer why this happens but i just bent them back to normal and tried to hold them in a position for a minute then they should stay how you would like

MrArboc said:
I've had that happening too. No idea why, but if my memory serves me correctly it usually happens during hardening off?

I had some that happened during the very early stages of some plants, yes. However, this is now beginning to happen on 1.5, no, 2 year old, 5.5 ft high congos.

Noshownate said:
My Bell Pepper did the exact same thing is that a bell. I can't answer why this happens but i just bent them back to normal and tried to hold them in a position for a minute then they should stay how you would like

Nope, its on all different kinds it happens to me...

ABurningMouth said:
My jalapeno did that after it was windy.

Not windy.

SOME of the leaves have some bronzing, not sure what that means, and the plants are VERY healthy and it doesnt appear that this will kill them, but i still would like to know whats wrong.. cause it DID kill my smaller plants.

I read one of the only threads with replies on this, anyway, the conclusion was too much sun, but my trees are out of the sun, north side of my house, and under a BIG shady tree.

I have had a problem with spidermites like craazzyyy this year, as well as stink bugs. Can't get rid of those mites, i hope they die in the cold, ive tried neem, some other oil, sevin, etc.

On my plant it went away when i cranked up the nutrients. So i'm guessing its a mineral or nutrient deficiency.

And BTW, my plant gets full sun all day and seems to love it.

The only stuff ive fed the plants is some bone and blood meal about 2 months ago... should i be feeding them more, and if so... what then?

peppercrazy said:
The only stuff ive fed the plants is some bone and blood meal about 2 months ago... should i be feeding them more, and if so... what then?

Do you ever use epson salts diluted in water? They love magnesium.....

i have used epsom salts as well, yes, but probably about just as long ago, they probably need some. Do you feed them anything else? Ive always read that peppers dont need too much in the fertilizer department...

I occasionally use some tomato food a buddy gave to me, i'm not sure who makes it though. The stuff is magenta colored though.

I imagine nutrients would be more abundant in good ground soil rather than in pots with a non fert potting mix. I am seeing lately that my plants in the ground seem to do better without feeding rather than their potted counterparts.

Very good question, I wish I knew that answer. I know that large trees will turn over their leaves when it is about to rain, I learned that as a kid and always look at trees if I need to know if it is about to rain.

As far as feeding, I always use epsom salts and fish emulsion on alternating weeks - epsom salts promote healthy leaves and the fish emulsion promotes a good root system

Dilute the epsom salts in water (3 tbsp per gallon) the same for the fish emulsion, spray the epsom salts on the leaves and the fish emulsion on at the base of the plant soaking the soil.

Back