Hi from AZ

Hi everyone,
I've just joined! I'm in northeastern Arizona. I love chile and am into flavor and variety rather than heat - hope that's not an incendiary statement to make here! And hope you guys are OK with a member of the female persuasion!! I am married to a Native American man and have learned a huge amount about Regional Southwest cooking especially the chile. I'm a pretty proficient cook in general and have added Southewest/Mexican/New Mexico cuisine to my repetoire with great gusto! I love to cook the stuff that the hot sauce goes onto! After all, you can't eat it on it's own! And of course I do love hot sauce! But not too, too hot, pleeze!

regards,
AZCook

Hi guys!
Thanks for the welcome! I can see there are some seriously hot hot sauce guys here! Thanks for the links. Any of you guys good chefs/cooks, too? How's the cooking round here? What do you guys like to cook and eat?

AZCook

Welcome from the land of Hollyweird. Groovy, we've got another chick on the boards!

I like to grill meat, cook pizza and other dishes. I can't stay away from hot sauces or this forum.

AZCook said:
Hi guys!
Thanks for the welcome! I can see there are some seriously hot hot sauce guys here! Thanks for the links. Any of you guys good chefs/cooks, too? How's the cooking round here? What do you guys like to cook and eat?

AZCook

Anything that taste good and go with Hot Sauce AZCook, do you have any great recipes you want to share with us..?
I believe we are all open minded here...

Sickmont said:
Greetings from the place where it's illegal to kill an alligator even if it's trying to kill/eat you!

LOL!! I have heard that alligator & crocodile meat is very good to eat! A friend in Belgium recently saw some for sale at her local market meat counter!

It's very excellent(to me, anyway). I've often thought about doing Gator jerky, but, i can't afford the big dollar hunting permit for them. I would prefer to use fresh meat for jerky, so i guess i'm out of luck for the moment.

DEFCON Creator said:
Hmmmm, flashlight and 30-06?

You just gotta watch out for everyone else with the same idea...these brain-donors here do a wonderful job of thinning out their own numbers that way.:)

marcosauces said:
Anything that taste good and go with Hot Sauce AZCook, do you have any great recipes you want to share with us..?
I believe we are all open minded here...

Hi Marcosauces (are you Marco?) - I have a bunch of recipes! Some of them are even dude quality! Meaning guy food easy to cook!! And I have others too that are a little more complicated. BTW hot sauce goes with just about anything, so leaves a lot! How are your and others' cooking skills round here?

Sickmont said:
It's very excellent(to me, anyway). I've often thought about doing Gator jerky, but, i can't afford the big dollar hunting permit for them. I would prefer to use fresh meat for jerky, so i guess i'm out of luck for the moment.

Hey Sickmont, never mind, there are other things to jerk and fish to fry!! We have a jerky guy that comes out here a couple times a month from Gallup NM and has some real KA chile jerky. :lol: :P

xgrafcorex said:
welcome to the boards. :lol: do they sell the chili beer there?

I'm sure it's around - not seen it tho.

Hillbilly Chili said:
Welsome AZ/DZ, love your tunes btw

Frickin spell check, sorry bro, just welcome:-)

Hi neighbor - and thanks for that, Hillbilly! I'm a person of the female persuasion as I mentioned in my post up top LOL!! But that's ok!! Which part of CO are you at?

Hey Chip!
Thanks! I love both those things, myself! Look forward to seeing you around! As you can see from my post, I like to cook and I love cooking with chiles. So many chile dishes, so little time! I know that most of the posters here are big hot sauce fans and makers. I've only made my own sauces a few times - I buy them rather than make them myself as there are soooooo many out there. I'm spoiled for choice, tho. Here in the SW I'm in the land of the chile!!! :)

Back