• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Blue's Habanera Reserve Test

Hey Folks:

I'm the owner of Blue's Carolina Pepper Sauce. The hot sauce blog did a favorable review of my sauce a few months ago. Since that review the sauce has expanded into about 80 markets.

I am currently contemplating a limited edition habanero reserve sauce and would like to know if anyone would be interested?? The sauce would be a blend of cayenne and apple smoked red savina peppers. Any serious reviewers can email me at bluesbbq@carolina.rr.com and I will send a sample. If the interest is there, I will send the formula to my copacker for production.

Blue's

Hey folks!

Samples of my prototype will be sent out. Plz keep in mind that this sauce, if well received, will be a limited edition, with limited quantity. The sample you will receive will not have a label, but it will be tamper proofed. Your feed back will determine if I procede. I believe you're in for a treat.

Blue's

bubbaschili said:
blue where from in north carolina?? mabey i can find a store to buy some and try...im from near winston salem

Check out Carolinasauce.com or allspicedup.biz or peppers.com or a southern season or remierseeds.com or the best way is type in: Blue's carolina pepper sauce in google and go for it.

Blue's
Concord, NC

Well, I got my sauce in the mail today! Thanks Blue! I'm going to cook an elephant like you website says and try it on that tonight. I should have a review up this weekend. But as of right now, I like! It's got a beautiful sweetness to it and is not very hot. I would appreciate a ingredient list (unless you don't want to give it away, then I understand) if you can provide it. A bit watery(ie: not thick) but that can be good too! I'll post more once the tests are done.

[quote name='Blue's']Hey folks!

Samples of my prototype will be sent out. Plz keep in mind that this sauce, if well received, will be a limited edition, with limited quantity. The sample you will receive will not have a label, but it will be tamper proofed. Your feed back will determine if I procede. I believe you're in for a treat.

Blue's[/QUOTE]

Hey All:

Anybody who received my Blue's sample had a chance to sample yet?????

Blue's

Hi Blue, received the bottle yesterday. Haven't had the chance to try it yet, but I can assure you that within the next 24hrs I'll be popping the top. I'll report soon. THANKS!!!!

Man:

Only if you say it's by far the best you've ever had.

No seriously, at this stage of the sauce, I think it still needs some work before a full review. It has potential.I want it hotter, but if I add any more habs. it will alter the taste. I'm considering extract, but I've never used them before. I'd also like to thicken it ever so slightly. Any inputs????

Is that a 5 string base you're playing?

Blue's

If you are reffering to me, then nope, all I like to play are four stings for bass and 6 or 12 for guitar.

Stay away from extract. Almost all of the times it is used (with some exeptions...Defcon...E.Z. Earl...I'm look at you guys!) it carries with it a metalic taste that tends to ruin sauces. One thing I did notice about your sauce was the small heat it carries. But the taste is really good. I'll hold off on the published review. If I have some tips on improvement or areas to improve it do you want that posted here in this thread, or do you only want pasitive things said here and any(if there are any) negative things PM/emailed to you?

And I belive you can use Xanthan Gum to thicken it...I'll have more things to say once I do my little experiments with it tomarrow.

Thanks for the replies:

This forum thing is becoming addictive. I'm thinking about quiting my real job already.

Please give me input privately, good or bad. I do need input from real pepper lovers. From the pics I saw elsewhere on this site, MAN, you fit the bill. I can't believe you ate that pepper without a seatbelt on. Hopefully, you had one on the next day.

Thanks for the help.

Blue's

Back