• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Is my sauce toast?

I made some hot sauce last week using my magic bullet. After making it noticed that rust colored water comes of the shaft after washing and I just washed it before making the sauce. Will the rust do anything to me or the sauce? It's just a small amount that gets trapped in the shaft.

I would think that if it was only a small amount you wouldn't be poisoned or anything. How does it taste? If it tastes fine and not irony, then it should be good to go. I'd replace that Magic Bullet altogether though and get something else.

texas blues said:
I would think that if it was only a small amount you wouldn't be poisoned or anything. How does it taste? If it tastes fine and not irony, then it should be good to go. I'd replace that Magic Bullet altogether though and get something else.

Ya ,it's pretty cool but that turned me off. :( Hey at least I know I'll be getting my daily dose of iron for a while.:)

Good info TB. However, I wouldn't give up on the Magic Bullet. I have really worked mine extra hard with no problems and I know a few others who has too. I think that it is a great tool and you may have a defected one. However, with the 'bad luck' that you have been having with appliances, the coffee grinder and now this, it would make me paranoid. :lol:

BTW, I have always cleaned my Magic Bullet either by throwing it in the dishwasher or hand washing and have never encountered a rust issue and I probably have at least a hundred washes.

Back