Combine those beers!

When I just want to get drunk and don't want to spend the money, I buy cheep but strong beer. The problem is that it tastes horrible.....that's when I combine beers! I usually buy a forty ounce of Magnum (7% abv) for $2.50 and combine it with one bottle (I think it's 16.9 ounces at 7.2% abv) of Optimator for $2.15. Drink it in a 1-2 hour span and that'll just about do it.

What do you guys do?

Some gins are as cheap as $5 for a fifth...if you don't mind drinking stuff that tastes like pine needles. I don't go that cheap, but usually shots do the trick for me. It's cost effective in the long run. Panama Jack Spiced Rum is really good, it goes down much smoother than Capt. Morgan, and they are about the same price.

Two shots of each, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, TripleSec, Rum, a shot of Sweet and Sour mix, and a dash of coke. Add to a 32oz glass with ice and a straw.

Repeat the above at least 4 times. Always does the trick for me.

Sorry, but I generally only like a beer after a good day of 90degree heat and working outside. And if it is not "Chilled to Perfection" then forget it.

Shenanigans!

I have a bottle of Wild Turkey I use when I wanna tie one on, WT and Dr. Pepper is my poison of choice. Throw a shot of nyquil in there and let the good times roll...right off the couch to pass out on the floor.

Beer, for me, is something to savor.

i thought this thread was gonna be about black & tans haha. if i want to get trashed i usually just buy something cheap and suck it up. i used to drink a lot of malt liquor so i'm pretty used to not very good tasting beverages.

another thing i do as far as combining beers is say i don't have too much but want to have something good...and still get a buzz going...buy a 6 pack of something really cheap like high life..then something from the higher end. (that publix carries at least) the price ends up about the same as a 12 of yuengling.

xgrafcorex said:
i thought this thread was gonna be about black & tans haha. if i want to get trashed i usually just buy something cheap and suck it up. i used to drink a lot of malt liquor so i'm pretty used to not very good tasting beverages.

another thing i do as far as combining beers is say i don't have too much but want to have something good...and still get a buzz going...buy a 6 pack of something really cheap like high life..then something from the higher end. (that publix carries at least) the price ends up about the same as a 12 of yuengling.

I usually use Natural light or Low Life for shop beer....every once in a while i'll spike the a bottle with some cheap vodka...talk about a rough mix. It'll definitely ruffle your fur.

When I was young and crazy like Mr. Passow, I used to mix malt liquor ( usually King Cobra or "The Bull") with Mad Dog 20/20. I had read this was George Clinton's drink of choice. After waking up vomiting every morning it finally hit me that this was not such a good idea.

These days I can afford good beer so I don't really have a need to mix 'em. If I do it's a Black and Tan or, on occasion I'm feeling especially fancy, a Black Velvet. No, that's not cheap Canadian whisky, it's 1/2 Guinness and 1/2 champagne.

i never mix beer. you sir, are a sinner.

as for a cheap buzz, go get some night train. its 17.5% wine thats $2.50 per bottle and it will make you feel like a train wreck.

or i go for scoresby scotch. its about 9 dollars a fifth, and its actually really good blended scotch - it just costs so much less because it is bottled in the USA and not in scotland. i remember my local liquor store was running specials on pints of scoresby, 3.75 per pint. yeah i bought a lot of those..

Sickmont said:
Used toilet water tastes better than Dewars

haha i wouldn't go that far! :P while its not my scotch of choice...its decent and the price isn't too bad, though its not the cheapest ...but who wants the cheapest scotch anyway? heh. j & b is my usual choice, but one of these days i plan on trying some of the more expensive and older stuff.

xgrafcorex said:
haha i wouldn't go that far! :P while its not my scotch of choice...its decent and the price isn't too bad, though its not the cheapest ...but who wants the cheapest scotch anyway? heh. j & b is my usual choice, but one of these days i plan on trying some of the more expensive and older stuff.

If i'm doing Scotch, it's got to be at least Glenfiddich or Glenlivet...although i have had Blue Label once, and it was damn good indeed...better than the other two by far, but the "Glens" are much more affordable.

Sickmont said:
If i'm doing Scotch, it's got to be at least Glenfiddich or Glenlivet...although i have had Blue Label once, and it was damn good indeed...better than the other two by far, but the "Glens" are much more affordable.

blue is over-priced. and its blended. granted its like 25 year old blends...i still dont like it better than single malt. ive had macallan 18 and 25, and i prefer the 18, but my favorite scotch is glenmorangie, or cragannmore. both will run you about 45 a botte, with the specialized glenmorangies running 55-60 a pop.

xgrafcorex said:
haha i wouldn't go that far! :shocked: while its not my scotch of choice...its decent and the price isn't too bad, though its not the cheapest ...but who wants the cheapest scotch anyway? heh. j & b is my usual choice, but one of these days i plan on trying some of the more expensive and older stuff.

how can you drink j&b? go get some scorseby and give it a try. j&b goes down like water.. way too easy to drink , it doesnt have near the flavor or anything, shit its about 18 a fifth isnt it? get a fifth of famous grouse. its about the same price, and its way better than j&b.

grouse is pretty good. not too long ago i bought a bottle that came with a nice glass that i drink all of my liquor from.

today i picked up a 1.75 of bushmills irish whiskey. never had it before that i can recall.

just had some monty python holy grail ale...it was alright but i bought it more out of novelty.

Back