• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Dillo's Bock Beer Hot Sauce

Tonight I cooked the long planned hot sauce with Bock beer.

Here's the peppers. I used peppers on the more smoky or tart side of flavor: Cayenne, Tabasco, Tepin, Orange Thai, red Rocoto and PC-1.
IMG_9341.jpg

I squeezed some cloves of garlic, cut some onions. I marinated the mixture in 500 ml of Oettinger Bock Bier, salt and brown sugar.
IMG_9343.jpg

IMG_9344.jpg

IMG_9342.jpg

One bottle of Bock into the sauce, one bottle into the Dillo!

That's what goes into the blender.
IMG_9346.jpg

I cooked the blended mixture, then added 250 ml of Bock beer vinegar.
IMG_9351.jpg

I simmered down the sauce.
IMG_9352.jpg

And that's the bottles:
IMG_9356.jpg

Done! Into the fridge they went. Tomorrow I will seal the bottles with shrinking seals.

Not sure if i have ever had a bock beer but i have had lots of hefeweizens - Anyways lots of pictures gotta love that and i really like the style of bottles you decided to use.

Bock beer, and bock vinegar... hmm, I need to come up with a name for that sauce.....

Double Bock Aftershock

For lunch we picked up some pizza today so I had the opportunity to test the sauce. It's a bit smoky and malty, the maximum heat is less than that of a habanero sauce but it also lacks the chinense delay of heat, it is straight forward so it smacks you right in the face. Nice! I will have to cook that one again!

Back